Beam Suntory building new craft distillery in Kentucky

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Kind of 'non-informational', eh?   Where is it?   When will ground be broken?   What will be built?

From this announcement, it sounds more like an idea than a commitment.....

I assume more info will soon be available.    I hope so.

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Kind of 'non-informational', eh?   Where is it?   When will ground be broken?   What will be built?

There are some other announcements out there that show a rendering of the distillery and that give more info. I don’t remember where I saw it or I’d post a link. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Here it is:

https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2019/07/beam-suntory-breaks-ground-on-new-distillery/

• I like it 1

Thanx for that link, Steve!   

I note the big cheese stops short of saying that Booker's and Baker's will actually be produced at this new distillery; saying instead something like 'brands such as Booker's and Baker's will be produced there' (emphasis mine).

Maybe those two brands, and even other larger selling ones (KCKCSB?) included in that "small batch" group will be; But, I'm not yet convinced of it.   

Baker's wouldn't be too big a stretch, since it's so different; but the rest?  I dunno....... :wacko:     I could believe some of the distillate made there eventually could be blended with their other stuff in any brands they wished. 

I imagine that's the plan to start (my guess); but, not sure how long it will be before any brands (other than maybe Baker's) would be made there, and only there.

Just tossing those thoughts out there y'all!   Whadya think?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.