What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

in a bottle consolidation effort, combined .5 liter of EWB with .5 liter of EW 1783 and .750 of EW BIB. Sweetness with a bit of kick. Actually good.. Enjoying it. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Reasons I love this bar. $7 pour of Baker’s. I like the way they think of a double. IMG_7588.JPG

Damn!   Unless that mini-rocks glass is closer to a thimble-size than I imagine it to be; that is a fine pour of a fine dram for a fine price, BMartin42!

• I like it 2

Damn!   Unless that mini-rocks glass is closer to a thimble-size than I imagine it to be; that is a fine pour of a fine dram for a fine price, BMartin42!

Honestly bigger than it looks in the pic probably. One was enough to get me to come home. CEHT Small Batch while binging Jack Ryan with my wife on Amazon now. Significantly lower volume pour.

Trying a generously provide sample of 2019 King of Kentucky. This stuff is BIG. Going to sbs it with Early Times BIB.

20191102_193011-1612x784.jpg

Switched gears back to bourbon with a little Blantons which was delicious after a too-mellow/mild pour of Asyla.  

The Misses and I have family photos at 7am tomorrow, so it'll be a light drinking night for me. I think I'll stay with Barton, this then a PS 1792 SiB that I thoroughly enjoy. I like it better than the 1792FP PS I have. 

20191102_195240.jpg

• I like it 1

Having my first-ever pour of Stagg Jr.  I've had two bottles of this stashed away and almost forgot I had them.  Bought a new one yesterday, so had the desire to try it out at long last. Opened up the Batch 7 bottle I had stashed (130.0 proof). ...Have to say it has really blown me away. Really fun to sip it at a very very relaxed pace. Would have opened this guy earlier if I knew it was going to be this good!

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, Steven C said:

Having my first-ever pour of Stagg Jr.  I've had two bottles of this stashed away and almost forgot I had them.  Bought a new one yesterday, so had the desire to try it out at long last. Opened up the Batch 7 bottle I had stashed (130.0 proof). ...Have to say it has really blown me away. Really fun to sip it at a very very relaxed pace. Would have opened this guy earlier if I knew it was going to be this good!

Agree, batch 7 is fantastic.

So a few weeks ago, I got an offer from Pappy Van Winkles for a raffle for a bottle. All I had to do was buy a bottle of their maple syrup as the entry price.  I have had their maple syrup in the past so I said, what the hey and bought a bottle. 

Alas, I didn’t win but had a recipe sent to me from another source for an “Autumn Old Fashioned”.  This called for subbing in Pappy’s Maple syrup for the sugar and recommended BT for the bourbon.  

So I gave it a try and have to say that it is not bad for a Fall twist on a classic drink. 

2335DC37-CB05-4F6D-814C-87785A25A5E2.jpeg

• I like it 1

ET BIB. I picked this up last week and have really been enjoying it. I think the regular ET whiskey is terrible so I was skeptical, but this works for me. I think it will be entering my rotation of daily drinkers.

• I like it 3

Down to my last half inch of 1792 BIB.  Normally I prefer 1792's cousins - the Very Old Bartons - but for the last two inches of this, I've been wishing I had more on hand. Alas, this is the only bottle of 1792 in the house.  OTOH, in a few more swallows, either tonight or tomorrow night, I'll be adding this to the EBSG thread and proudly telling my wife, "One more down so BOY that bunker is shrinking!!":)

• I like it 2

Tonight I am working on a glass of the StraightBourbon.com blend. 60% OWA and 40% Weller 12 that I let sit for three and a half months. It is very nice. Adds some complexity and subtlety to the OWA. I only wish I had tasted Weller Centennial for comparison's sake.

Last night we hosted our youngest daughter's first birthday party. As a proper first birthday it was really for the adults and, accordingly, I handed out whisk(e)y to all who wanted some. Over the course of the night, the following were consumed:

Larceny

George T. Stagg 2017

Buffalo Trace

1792 High Rye

Van Winkle 12 SR Lot B

Weller 12

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B517

Four Roses Single Barrel

Russell's Reserve 10

Russell's Reserve Single Barrel PS

Michter's toasted barrel rye

Laphroaig 10

Springbank 10

Famous Grouse

Nikka From the Barrel

Most people asked me to choose for them and it was fun playing whiskey Santa. I think I did a good job matching our guests' tastes and only one bottle was a fresh crack (the Springbank 10). I also received a very generous present from said daughter's godfather - a Wilderness Trail SiB private selection, which I am looking forward to trying.

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Tonight I am working on a glass of the StraightBourbon.com blend. 60% OWA and 40% Weller 12 that I let sit for three and a half months. It is very nice. Adds some complexity and subtlety to the OWA. I only wish I had tasted Weller Centennial for comparison's sake.

I’m surprised it didn’t evaporate.

Did  you cover the glass to prevent this?

?

• I like it 1

A BTPS after a long day. Took the day off and went hunting this morning then hung out with the fam the rest of the day. Almost successful hunt. Buck didn’t offer me a shot but consider it a win as I haven’t had a buck in bow range in 3 years mainly due to being busy with the kids.
IMG_3556.JPG

• I like it 3

Grandpa Weller's Four Grain for the first time tonight and loving it.  Hats off to the SBer who came up with this.  It's a great blend...

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Grandpa Weller's Four Grain for the first time tonight and loving it.  Hats off to the SBer who came up with this.  It's a great blend...

I agree!

20 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

A BTPS after a long day. Took the day off and went hunting this morning then hung out with the fam the rest of the day. Almost successful hunt. Buck didn’t offer me a shot but consider it a win as I haven’t had a buck in bow range in 3 years mainly due to being busy with the kids.
IMG_3556.JPG

You inspired me to go with Buffalo Trace tonight.  Just the regular, no PS.

You should swing by my neighborhood (you can't be far), we have plenty of bucks and does over here.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.