Angel's Envy Rye - Any Idea which Rum is used for finishing?

clearmoon247
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what rum Angel's Envy uses for finishing their Rye? I know its a "Caribbean Rum" casks and MGPI/LDI 95/5 Rye Whiskey.

9 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what rum Angel's Envy uses for finishing their Rye? I know its a "Caribbean Rum" casks and MGPI/LDI 95/5 Rye Whiskey.

Well, Angel’s Envy is owned by Bacardi. So it’s a pretty safe bet that they are using barrels from one of the various rum labels that Bacardi owns. I don’t know which specifically off hand. 

• I like it 2

When I toured there a year or so ago I believe I saw casks from Plantation Rum being used.

• I like it 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:47 AM, BottledInBond said:

Well, Angel’s Envy is owned by Bacardi. So it’s a pretty safe bet that they are using barrels from one of the various rum labels that Bacardi owns. I don’t know which specifically off hand. 

That’s just like Basil Hayden. Beam and Cruzan are owned by the same company and it’s immediately discernible that the rum used in their Caribbean Cask Basil Hayden Rye is the Cruzan Estate Diamond Black Strap Rum. You can be guaranteed that Angel’s Envy is using one of the Barcardi Rums. 

Edited by Limegoldconvertible68
Fixed misspelled and missing words

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.