Total wines new pappy btac system sucks

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, Double C's said:

The same thing happens at the TW's in my area as well. 

Part if this is because some of the employees and managers are part of this extensive "notification network".

Technically the employees and managers are not allowed to purchase the allocated items until they've been sitting on the shelf for X time duration (I think it used to be 24 hrs, but that may have changed).  So something comes in that they want (because some of those guys/gals are into whiskey too), and they tell their friends/relatives/etc. to show up and grab one or two bottles.

If you've ever wondered how all these people knew to line up/show up on certain days and times, it's pretty self explanatory.

Aside from confiscating the employees mobile devices when they clock in, I'm not sure how you would stop it.

Edited by 0895

On 11/3/2019 at 1:12 AM, Kepler said:

OP, you could have dropped a few words from your thread topic and saved us all some time. What you really meant to say is

Total Wine sucks

That was my impression several years ago. I objected to their ads offering outstanding bourbons at outstanding prices--except they never actually had them in stock even at 9:00 on the day the sale started. And their employees would recommend some cats and dogs as "just as good as Pappy." More recently, however, I go in not expecting to get what's at the top of my list but I can usually find desirable bourbons at desirable prices. But, then, I live in Ohio where the state gets to decide what constitutes a desirable bourbon and a desirable price.  So, TW in other states looks pretty good in comparison.

2 hours ago, Flyfish said:

...where the state gets to decide what constitutes a desirable bourbon and a desirable price. 

I just shuddered to the bone reading this...

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.