Ice...Ice...Baby?

Steven C
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:29 PM, MJWP said:

Bourbon aint cornflakes ..... 

Perhaps. But I had a fraternity brother who insisted that beer on cornflakes was the true Breakfast of Champions. "Bluto" was not a trustworthy authority on culinary matters. Decades later he evolved into one of those single-malt snobs. So, he is still not a trustworthy authority.

• I like it 2

On 12/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, HoustonNit said:

Even when I drank mixed drinks I didn’t like bourbon and Coke and would prefer ginger ale and bourbon. That being said these posts in here have me craving Coke and Bourbon. I’ll think I’ll get some Coke this afternoon.

I was in a LS when a guy came in asking for  a four-pack of JD Double Jack with Coke in cans. Clerk said they didn't carry it so the guy went away looking seriously disappointed. Apparently he had forgotten the recipe and was not up to making his own. 

• I like it 3

I was in a LS when a guy came in asking for  a four-pack of JD Double Jack with Coke in cans. Clerk said they didn't carry it so the guy went away looking seriously disappointed. Apparently he had forgotten the recipe and was not up to making his own. 

Haha awesome.

7 hours ago, Flyfish said:

I’m sure it was much more convenient to drive to another store and get those than spend all that time and effort mixing them. 

12 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I’m sure it was much more convenient to drive to another store and get those than spend all that time and effort mixing them. 

I mean: Jeeeeeez!   ?   

Who can remember all these ingredients, complicated recipes, and proportions; let alone have access to the measuring and blending equipment?   ?  C'mon, give the due a break!

Maybe the guy needed them to pack in his lunch/break? Who likes a flat, watered down J/C??

or any j/c at all.......

• 2 weeks later...

I’m generally a “neat only” kind of guy but was intrigued by the YouTube method as I do like Manhattans and prefer them chilled but get frustrated when they get watered down too much by regular ice. Tried it and it worked like a charm! Crystal clear ice in whatever size chunk you want. I did use water filtered through my Brita as our tap water is disgusting. One thing I did change I guess was that I used our stand up deep freeze because there was no room in our refrigerator freezer. I checked on it early almost by accident as I was after some frozen meat and was glad I did. At 14 hours it had frozen about 2.5 inches thick and was perfect. The single cube lasted through two Baby Saz Manhattans and was still bigger than a normal cube. This summer when it gets hot I might actually try a bourbon over one of these instead of neat (gasp). I did say “try”, no guarantees that I will enjoy it that way but it does work for my weekend Manhattan!

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, Paddy said:

3 oz. pour of current WTRB over two cubes is tasting pretty damn good right now. 

Just sayin'...;)

Right behind you Paddy, with a Larceny over two cubes... :)

• I like it 2

I don’t like ice in any drink(got away from ice when I was in SEA. Ya never knew if the water was good). So the bourbon gets no ice. I know “people are strange”

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.