Alberta Premium Cask Strength

MJWP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Limited release from Alberta Distillers .... 65.1 ABV. Great cask strength rye for $65 CND.....  Terrific ! 

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! It's a great tasting whiskey. I just wish I knew the age statement. I think it's better than lot 40 CS.

Btw, what do people think of 1776 rye barrel proof? I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's great for the price in my area.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to get my hands on this. How available is it up North? Could I walk into a random LCBo in Niagara and pick one up?

On 1/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, HoustonNit said:

Would love to get my hands on this. How available is it up North? Could I walk into a random LCBo in Niagara and pick one up?

sold out at lcbo

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Darn thanks for the post.

I bought one, opened it to see if it was worth buying more, and quite like it

was hoping to find a back up but they sold quickly in most stores

per reeko above, and other people that have tasted both, the AP is on par - or better - than this year's version of Lot 40 CS

• I like it 1

I bought one, opened it to see if it was worth buying more, and quite like it
was hoping to find a back up but they sold quickly in most stores

per reeko above, and other people that have tasted both, the AP is on par - or better - than this year's version of Lot 40 CS

I believe this, getting one of these at retail is in my top 5 for the year, I’ll be in the great white north later this year and hopefully I’ll get lucky.

sold out at lcbo
That's crazy! There's a ton available here in Alberta, which I guess makes sense. I'm glad that you liked it, they're definitely bringing it to lot 40; I'm glad for the competition.

I believe this, getting one of these at retail is in my top 5 for the year, I’ll be in the great white north later this year and hopefully I’ll get lucky.
If you can, I would recommend going to Alberta, you'll have a greater chance of getting it. Good luck! I think you'll enjoy it!

Here's hoping the producers are getting the message and making more of this kind of product up there.

I like Canadian rye (when it isn't being mixed with GNS), but seldom feel like getting involved in the bun fight to chase or overpay for the limiteds.

At the 65CDN level, it's just too easy to grab a Pikesville in the US and be done with it.

But the market is tough for whiskey enthusiasts in Canada, so I'm glad to read of any expansion of genuine offerings.

• I like it 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:45 AM, The Black Tot said:

Here's hoping the producers are getting the message and making more of this kind of product up there.

I like Canadian rye (when it isn't being mixed with GNS), but seldom feel like getting involved in the bun fight to chase or overpay for the limiteds.

At the 65CDN level, it's just too easy to grab a Pikesville in the US and be done with it.

But the market is tough for whiskey enthusiasts in Canada, so I'm glad to read of any expansion of genuine offerings.

I agree with tough selection for some things up here but some of  the Rye that's now coming out is pretty hard to beat anywhere. I love Pikesville too but it scompletely different than Lot 40 cask or Alberta Distillers Cask..... totally different Whiskey . 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.