What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

I live in Poughkeepsie! Mind if I ask where you enjoyed these pours? 

PM sent, enjoy!

• I like it 2

Stopped by a liquor store in Grand Rapids today and picked this up to try.  I believe that this was originally sourced from WT but they are now bottling their own juice.  I found it to be very drinkable and smooth. Only at 88 proof but with a lot of fruit and caramel on the nose and the taste.  Finish was bit thin and short lived.  At $40, it is a good addition to my stash but I probably would not buy it again.

C3D2A33A-D787-41AF-993E-245CA1F83442.jpeg

This has not been enjoyable at all. Way too hot, and I never seem to be able to add the right amount of water to make it enjoyable. I think it’s just a bad batch cause I had a 12 year old store pick EC that was great.

8FEB333F-D462-45EB-9483-4E3D3D430F09.jpeg

This has not been enjoyable at all. Way too hot, and I never seem to be able to add the right amount of water to make it enjoyable. I think it’s just a bad batch cause I had a 12 year old store pick EC that was great.
8FEB333F-D462-45EB-9483-4E3D3D430F09.thumb.jpeg.54347cb22374958584eea64c01c39a4e.jpeg

I think I still have a few bottles, but yeah I’m done with ECBP for these reasons.

27 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Interesting...  C917 has been my favorite so far of the new style bottle batches.  That said, sometimes ECBP just doesn't suit my palate.  All I taste is heat and char.  Other times, it's wonderful.  Deep, rich, complex and so drinkable.  Is it the whiskey or me?   Probably me... 

• I like it 4

A freshly opened Maker's RC6 tonight. This stuff is way better than I expected. It's like a really good cask strength 46. The dark red fruits are a bit of a surprise. Decent amount of oak given the likely age. I'm sure that's from their stave finishing. Kinda like bananas Foster at the very end. I wish I'd have bought another. 

20200103_212133-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Interesting...  C917 has been my favorite so far of the new style bottle batches.  That said, sometimes ECBP just doesn't suit my palate.  All I taste is heat and char.  Other times, it's wonderful.  Deep, rich, complex and so drinkable.  Is it the whiskey or me?   Probably me... 

Not you as far as I'm concerned.  As I posted a few days ago elsewhere on here, I don't buy EC regularly or even occasionally - too oaky and dry for me.  But, a few weeks ago, I picked up a discounted (20% or so) ECBP B519 which I'd never had so what the heck, I thought.  Neat, it was REALLY oaky and dry and HOT.  Drop by measured drop, I found its sweet spot for me - at about 96-97 proof.  I found it preferable to the basic EC 94 proof I had on the shelf.  I don't know why the diluted B519 was that much better than the regular at 94 proof, but it was.  Maybe that 2 proof alcohol bloom made all the difference.  Or maybe the quality of the water in the 94 OR from my tap.  Or maybe the barrels used in the BPs vs. those for the basic EC.  Whatever, it's not us because I SAID SO.B)

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

A freshly opened Maker's RC6 tonight. This stuff is way better than I expected. It's like a really good cask strength 46. The dark red fruits are a bit of a surprise. Decent amount of oak given the likely age. I'm sure that's from their stave finishing. Kinda like bananas Foster at the very end. I wish I'd have bought another. [pic deleted by HinWDC]

THX for the comments.  Local purveyor here has a tasting of its MM PSs coming up.  I can't be there, but I've "always" liked their PSs including but not limited to the MMs.  I sure hope they have a few left when I get home.

56 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

THX for the comments.  Local purveyor here has a tasting of its MM PSs coming up.  I can't be there, but I've "always" liked their PSs including but not limited to the MMs.  I sure hope they have a few left when I get home.

What I like about RC6 even more is that it's a good $15 cheaper than most of the PS bottles. 

2016 bulliet rye. Probably been open at least 2 years. Not ideal but wow it's tasty for what...$25 for a 1.75?

IMG_20200104_010811753.jpg

Edited by Bbstout
  • I like it 1

19 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Having some Bakers SB tonight. Good stuff. 

The Bakers SB is definitely good stuff.

Two large pours of 2019 Stagg at dinner. I actually appreciate the lower proof this year. It doesn’t kill my taste buds.

Not a bourbon but actually a 4 grain apparently. This stuff is pretty tasty for what it is. Very fruit (apple and pear) forward. A bit thin. I'd love to taste this at an older age and higher proof.

Had to throw some dessert in there with it.

20200104_220706-784x1613.jpg

20200104_220840-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

I'm celebrating with the bird after an amazing TEN 20 NE 13 football game.

That interception near the end was freaking awesome!

Now, I can enjoy the rest of the playoff games, whatever happens. ?

2 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Indeed sir. All of us except GeeTen are pretty happy with that outcome.

• I like it 4

Now, I can enjoy the rest of the playoff games, whatever happens. [emoji3]

Cheers to that!

Hopefully it’s the end for the empire.

IMG_8741.gif

Maybe we’ll all be partying with the Ewoks in no time.

IMG_8743.gif

Well not so lucky for the Bills tonight as they blew a 16-0 lead. Still an incredible game just not the best outcome.

I should be cheering a win with the father but I’ve the high proof Stagg Jr. tonight.

Hopefully the Bills can pick up some receivers next year.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

6 hours ago, flahute said:

Go ahead, "laugh it up, fuzzball(s)". It was a great 20 year run. And we here in Beantown also picked a few other Championships in other sports along the way.  But too many duckboat Championship parades through the streets of downtown Boston gets really boring, eh?  All y'all just hate us 'cause you ain't us.  ☺

I'm heading home from Brooklyn tonite w/SWMBO aftet our eldest granddaughter's 8th birthday party.  I'll find something in The Bunker to ease my pain . . . .   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

I tried this at a friend's house yesterday. It's not yet available in MO, so he picked it up KY last week. I didnt write down notes, but I do remember the nose, taste, and finish were really good. I'll definitely add a bottle to my shelf when I can find it. 

20200104_150653.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Go ahead, "laugh it up, fuzzball(s)". It was a great 20 year run. And we here in Beantown also picked a few other Championships in other sports along the way.  But too many duckboat Championship parades through the streets of downtown Boston gets really boring, eh?  All y'all just hate us 'cause you ain't us.  ☺

I'm heading home from Brooklyn tonite w/SWMBO aftet our eldest granddaughter's 8th birthday party.  I'll find something in The Bunker to ease my pain . . . .   ?

Aww Frank, you know we all love ya!

Side note....every time you refer to your wife as SWMBO, it makes me laugh. Every time ?

• I like it 4

On 1/3/2020 at 9:28 PM, fosmith said:

Same. 

When I’m in the mood for it, very few can deliver like ECBP

Palate always changing

That is why it is always good to have lots of open bottles. 

Speaking of trying new things....

CD19A8EF-ACEC-413C-A05B-5B9118412D89.jpeg

• I like it 5

I’ll probably finish this bottle to celebrate Kirk Cousins and the Vikes!  Skol!!! 

DD58B787-E7CD-41D2-A6CD-1646DD139AA6.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.