Kentucky Owl Question

Chefjohn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a question for the history buffs (which K’m trying to be). I’m doing some reading about some of the old distilleries in Kentucky and I thought I had read somewhere that Judge William B McBrayer was the adoptive father of Charles Dedman and it was the judge who gave Charles the parcel of land to start his distillery where he produced Kentucky Owl. I cant find the reference to it. Is this information correct?

• I like it 1

I spoke with Mike Veach and he said he was told by Dixon Dedman that the parcel of land given to Charles was in fact given to him by Judge William B McBrayer. 

This matches what is right on the KY Owl website, short of list the judge’s actual name. Of course their site is full of other BS marketing stories which can’t be confirmed but sound good to build mystique around the brand. They also like to suggest that someone like Al Capone may have mysteriously stole all the whiskey which nobody has any actual knowledge of. Reminiscent of BS from Templeton anyone? While they puff the BS they also make no mention of the brand being sold to Stoli on the website, which you can only find in some legal fine print. 

00E3773B-3053-4C06-878C-7C1438E503C6.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.