Thoughts on Peerless 4 year BP Bourbon?

Bob_Loblaw
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just read through the rye thread, but I did not see one about the Peerless Bourbon.  Has anyone tried it and, if so, what did you think?

I have only had a small sample of a SiB Rye.  I thought it was very tasty and did not drink anywhere near as young as the two year age statement.  Because of that I have loosely been paying attention to Peerless along the same lines as Wilderness Trail and New Riff as the three crafts that interest me the most going forward.  

What did you think of the Bourbon?  Thanks SB!

Out here I believe it's going for $90.  Without even tasting it I can say way too young for that price range.  Hopefully on my trip back to the motherland next month I can give it a try, I'm also curious to hear what others think.

I tried it back in August and thought it was good. Didn't taste too young or grainy. That said, I was not willing to pay $90ish for it.

I'm waiting for a couple more years of age on it.

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

I tried back in August and thought it was good. Didn't taste too young or grainy. That said, I was not willing to pay $90ish for it.

I'm waiting for a couple more years of age on it.

I generally agree and have said that about Wilderness Trail (will be back around the 6-7)yr Mark) but I also gave WT several bottles of testing runway in the $55-60 range. 

This one is $65 so still expensive, but not at that $90 range.

34 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I generally agree and have said that about Wilderness Trail (will be back around the 6-7)yr Mark) but I also gave WT several bottles of testing runway in the $55-60 range. 

This one is $65 so still expensive, but not at that $90 range.

$65 isn't bad and puts it in the price range of WT. I can't remember if I liked Peerless enough to buy at that price, but probably not. I think they'll be really good at 6.

• I like it 2

I've tried the 3yr SiB Peerless Rye and found it to be very good.  Great on the nose and palate with a long finish.  But NOT $99 OTD good.  Haven't seen the 4yr in this neck of the woods, tho'.  JMHO.  ?

Had a taste of a 4 year Peerless Rye at a bar in Louisville and it was OUTSTANDING!   I have had the 4 year old bourbon - and I really like it.   I agree the price is just a bit high for the value.

My in laws went to the Bourbon release last fall on Main Steet in Louisville - and got 2 of the first 100 bottles ever released.   They are signed and numbered and I really appreciated the effort they made to stand in the rain in the wee hours of the morning and surprise me.   Those bottles are priceless to me!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, flahute said:

I think they'll be really good at 6.

This is how a feel about Wilderness Trail and New Riff.  I enjoyed the 4 year products for what they were, but am really excited at 6 plus years also.  So, if that is going to be the case here I kind of like trying the younger stuff for, you know, research.  

Orrrr I will just end up with another bottle of Rare Breed.  Can't go wrong there.  

• I like it 4

It’s decent, but nowhere near worth the price, especially when you compare it to other BP bourbons on the market (Stagg Jr., ECBP, Rare Breed, etc.). I’d also take OF1920 over it for close to half the price. In 2 - 4 years, I think it will be really good. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.