Nicholson's Snuffed at Midnight

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I spent two hours with the regulars at Nicholson's last night, sampling bourbon and herfin'. There were about 40 revelers enjoying a last stick in the Cigar Bar. That's about 10 times the normal Monday night crowd. Ends up, about half are press, looking for a story and some pics of an anticlimatic historical moment. With a Russell's Reserve and Fuente Hemingway (compliments of Nicholson's) we let the clouds of smoke rise and disappear. At midnight, we ceremoniously snuffed them out in an ashstray for the cameras. (Should be in today's LA times) About a minute later, everybody lit up again in defiance of the law. They called for last call and everybody shook hands, said their goodbyes and left. Seemed like there should have been more ceremony. Nicholson's will be open, but no more smoking inside. horseshit.gif

I tried to get there last night, but an overgrown lawn kept me busy into the evening. It really is a sad day in Lexington frown.gif. I just hope that when Nicholson's re-tools itself into another theme, they keep the excellent bourbon selection that is the reason for many a visit on my part. My understanding is tha they are going to remain open for a while as a "Smokless Cigar Bar". That is, they will continue to sell cigars, you just can't smoke them there. lol.gif

Let me get this straight, the Political Correctness Gestapo have invaded the Commonwealth and declared war on Cigar Bars? Will the madness never end? I can understand banning smoking in restaurants where the emphasis is food, but in a CIGAR BAR? If they don't want to smell the cigar smoke, GO TO A DIFFERENT BAR. soapbox.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.