50ml Mini Bottles

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 minutes ago, BDanner said:

I'm with you. If I'm going to drink Scotch, it's going to be from Islay. Laphroaig 10, if you please.

I haven't had any Scotch from Islay that I don't like.  Ardbeg 10 is my go-to.

If you like Laphroaig 10 year, try the cask strength. My sister in law gifted me a bottle.  A few drops of water really opens it up.

• I like it 2

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

I haven't had any Scotch from Islay that I don't like.  Ardbeg 10 is my go-to.

If you like Laphroaig 10 year, try the cask strength. My sister in law gifted me a bottle.  A few drops of water really opens it up.

Same here. I've yet to have anything from Islay that I didn't like. If forced to rank the ones I've tried? Lag16, Port Charlotte 10, Lap10, Ardbeg Uggie, and Ardbeg 10. I even liked the un-peated Classic Laddie. I definitely want to get more into the Laphroaig lineup, but Bourbon offers so much more VFM (especially in a control state) it's hard to justify the prices on Single Malts at times.

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, BDanner said:

Same here. I've yet to have anything from Islay that I didn't like. If forced to rank the ones I've tried? Lag16, Port Charlotte 10, Lap10, Ardbeg Uggie, and Ardbeg 10. I even liked the un-peated Classic Laddie. I definitely want to get more into the Laphroaig lineup, but Bourbon offers so much more VFM (especially in a control state) it's hard to justify the prices on Single Malts at times.

Agreed.

I'm a bourbon guy but, every once in a while, a good Islay whiskey, fits the bill.

I've been doing a mini-Islay tour this afternoon. Started with Laphroaig 10 year, moved on to Ardbeg 10, and am currently enjoying a Lagavulin 16 year.

Laphroaig 10 year cask strength is on tap.

Here's the lineup.

20200404_172418.jpg

• I like it 2

Fun thread. I agree it would be great to see more 50ml and 200ml samples / bottle sets of things like BTAC, Pappy/Old Rip, etc. A set of ECNAS, ECBP, and EC18 would be a great idea. So many fun little sets could be made to explore the offerings from different brands.

A Taiwanese friend of mine  was visiting family and brought me back a Kavalan Solist tasting set, it had 6 different 50ml bottles of barrel proof Kavalan aged in different cask types. That made for an extremely fun tasting. The sherry and peated scotch casks were the best.

Edited by EarthQuake

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

I have a selection on "higher end" minis, including a few Scotch and some old tax stamped minis. We also keep a random selection on hand for cocktails and to hand out to mailman/trashman/etc.

20200404_141138.jpg

Love the "grenade" of 125pf EC.  Reminds me of my mini-Blanton's collection I got in DC several years ago. 2 375ml bottles for less than the price of 1 750!  ?

VABC Bourbon Haul.jpg

• I like it 3

These were on clearance for 1.99 about 5 years ago.. bought two 10-packs. Wt-03-Rb

IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

• I like it 13

Just remembered I have this little guy.  Still takes up too much shelf space LOL. 

willett mini.jpg

• I like it 2

This thread reminded me of a mini bottle semi-lost in the cabinet that I bought a while back to sample.  I dug it out and decided that now was as good a time as any to pop the top and enjoy.  (Love the tiny cork top!)

WhistlePig 10 yr Mini.jpg

• I like it 3

Just arrived via FedEx. After finding these online last week, I just had to reel in a set.

IMG_4176.thumb.jpg.af80e7419cc294cb132063e6eed6f5da.jpg

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Just arrived via FedEx. After finding these online last week, I just had to reel in a set.

There are no words............. ?

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

IMG_4176.thumb.jpg.af80e7419cc294cb132063e6eed6f5da.jpg

WAIT!!!   WHAT???    ...On PURPOSE?!?!?!????       Oh, The Humanity!!!!!

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Did you buy that just to see the reactions you'd get here? ? :D

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Did you buy that just to see the reactions you'd get here? ? :D

No, but this very thread led to me finding and purchasing them— so thank you. I’m a sucker for small format and mini replica spirits packs— especially those on the eclectic side. 

• I like it 1

That's one of those things I wouldn't want to risk getting stuck with a full size bottle.  If Dave likes it as a digestif, the mini works well for that too.

12 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

No, but this very thread led to me finding and purchasing them— so thank you. I’m a sucker for small format and mini replica spirits packs— especially those on the eclectic side. 

Over the holidays, they had a gift pack with a pretty cool tree ornament themed after the chicago city flag in the box. The thought of owning a full size bottle for the rest of my life really made the ornament not so cool......

• I like it 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

These were on clearance for 1.99 about 5 years ago.. bought two 10-packs. Wt-03-Rb

IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

These are how I discovered WTRB when NC closed them out for $1.99 each. Wish I had squirreled a few away as the 108 is my favorite expression. When they closed out the 375's of the 112 version, I did buy some extras of those.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:46 PM, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

I found some W-T-01-99 (108.4 proof) of those a few years ago back when I was in the "dusty hunting phase". 

Kids:  always remember to check the mini bottle display case.

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across these in the closet.  Oldest one was distilled in 1929.  12 - 15 years ago K&L had a sale on these sets due to water damage on the boxes so I picked up a few.  This is my last one.  I have to say, that Lot 29 is amazing after 75+ years in barrel. 

tesseron minis.jpg

Edited by fosmith
rotate photo
  • I like it 2

26 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Just came across these in the closet.  Oldest one was distilled in 1929.  12 - 15 years ago K&L had a sale on these sets due to water damage on the boxes so I picked up a few.  This is my last one.  I have to say, that Lot 29 is amazing after 75+ years in barrel. 

tesseron minis.jpg

I think the water damage ruined them. That said I think you should sell them my way. ;)

that’s honestly one of the cooler minis I’ve seen 

13 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I think the water damage ruined them. That said I think you should sell them my way. ;)

that’s honestly one of the cooler minis I’ve seen 

Looking upthread, I think you’re gonna have to brawl with @Marekv8 for these, if @fosmith is ever letting them go..... ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.