COVID-19 and the Craft distilleries

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While I'm not a fan of the products I've tried from various craft distilleries (admittedly not many) it's a shame that COVID-19 has really put the hurt on many of them. Regardless of what I think of their whiskies, I applaud their entrepreneurial efforts and it really is a shame they're being affected so much by the restrictions put in place to combat this virus. Say what you will about them, but I'd much prefer the "normal" marketplace determine whether or not they survive.

https://www.distilledspirits.org/news/new-survey-shows-covid-19-creating-severe-financial-hardships-for-craft-distillers/

• I like it 2

Interesting thread Gary. I agree that they should not be put at risk because of the covid-19, but that is the world we live in right now unfortunately. 

I have been involved in the family business for the the last 38 years,  but not really an active participant the last 11. One of the things I learned from my Pop was to not over extend, and always have cash reserves on hand for the unforseen. I'm glad to say we are in a good position despite being closed for the last 6 weeks. And, going forward, we are still very much ok. I'm not sure if this applies to the craft distilleries or not, but we always thought it was a good business model.

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.