BottledInBond

Sweetens Cove

BottledInBond

Oh good, Peyton Manning has a new whiskey brand. $200 for what I’m assuming is Dickel juice? Not sure where else they’d get 13 year old TN bourbon. Sounds like a hard pass to me unless proven otherwise somehow. My apologies if this has already been discussed in another thread, as I certainly may have missed it 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peyton-manning-bourbon-legit-t-100000210.html

Vosgar

While I won't be a buyer at that price, I have to give Manning kudos for giving all the credit to Marianne Eaves for her work in doing the blending. Plus, he's not claiming to be some big time whiskey fan and coming up with a ridiculous story about a family history with some long lost distillery. He even admits to not being a expert and is a beer drinker. What a shot of honesty!

• I like it 2

smokinjoe

Sweetens Cove?  Didn’t that star Jenna Jameson?  🤪

• I like it 7

fishnbowljoe
12 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Sweetens Cove?  Didn’t that star Jenna Jameson?  🤪

No. You’re thinking of Sweeten’s Cave.

Oh sorry, I meant to say I don’t think so. 🙄

Bib! Joe

• I like it 3

BottledInBond
3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

While I won't be a buyer at that price, I have to give Manning kudos for giving all the credit to Marianne Eaves for her work in doing the blending. Plus, he's not claiming to be some big time whiskey fan and coming up with a ridiculous story about a family history with some long lost distillery. He even admits to not being a expert and is a beer drinker. What a shot of honesty!

Those are valid points. I just don’t see how the pricing can be justified. But, there are plenty of people who think more expensive = better, or they buy just to collect it on a shelf and never actually drink it, or whatever. I guess it doesn’t affect me how others spend their $

flahute

I actually enjoyed the interview and love the story about that golf course. I won't be buying a bottle however.

• I like it 1

mbroo5880i

My guess is the whiskey came from "Omaha, Omaha Omaha!"  The source was originally Tennessee but he called an audible.

• I like it 5

wadewood

$35 for 13 year Dickel BiB or $200 for 13 year old distilled at Dickel?  An interesting take is this was distilled in TN, but aged in KY and then bottled in TN.  It does NOT meet TN law to be called a TN Whiskey, but TN law never mentions bourbon, so they call this a TN Bourbon.   My thought is if you want to put a state of designation on the bottle, it needs to be mashed, fermented, distilled and aged all in 1 state.

• I like it 2