Old Carter American Batch 3 - source info?

kipe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know the source or where Old Carter American Whiskey Batch 3 is distilled? I couldn’t find the info anywhere for that release.

I ended up picking up a bottle, so I can answer my own question now. It’s distilled in Indiana, so it must be MGP. I hope it’s good :).

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

Interesting that they took a bourbon mash bill and stuck it in used cooperage.  I'm not sure why MGP would have done that?  Barrel shortages can occur from time to time if there's a spike, but I don't see MGP running out of barrels being the cause for this.  I've seen some other NDPs who have some American whiskey from MGP with the same profile as what the Carter's have put out and what I really wonder is if MGP continued this or if this aged American whiskey is gone for good when it's gone.  If anyone knows about this practice and whether or not that's being continued, I'd be an interested party.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.