What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime . . . It's officially summer now so let's get the ball rolling.

Some HH6/90 right outta the freezer. Love the way it's almost thick as you pour it.

• I like it 3

GW4G right outta' the fridge last night with mint imbedded ice sphere while grilling wagyu strip steaks  Even tho' it was Father's Day, NOBODY cooks on MY Weber!  ?

• I like it 6

It's definitely summer so it's time to tone down the bourbon proof and turn away from those hop bomb IPAs. BT with a smidge of ice.

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, Postal Grunt said:

It's definitely summer so it's time to tone down the bourbon proof and turn away from those hop bomb IPAs. BT with a smidge of ice.

I'm one of the weird ones that will drink barrel proof and stouts all summer long.

• I like it 7

I put a pretty sizable dent in a PS Bulliet Cask Strength this weekend.  That's a  good bottle of Four Roses. 

• I like it 1

Saturday got together and sampled some of the new OF SiB Barrel Proof. We had 3x 200ml samples from BF.  Someone had already taken a preview round so maybe 175ml to split between 6 of us.  Needless to say everyone only go a few sips of each and did not really get to circle back for second opinions.  

So, with that limited exposure initial impressions are great.  All three barrels were very good, loads of classic OF flavors, cherries, dark chocolate, and vanilla were the most prominent notes.  Mouthfeel was nice and oily. 1920 on steroids anyone?    One of the samples had a shorter finish and was eliminated from contention pretty quickly.  The last two were both fantastic and most of us quickly left it up to the store manager to make the final decision.  I am not excited on the alleged $80 price tag on this one, but I will find room in the budget, and probably end up with less of something else down the road.

After that we cracked open a recent RRSiB I participated in back in February.  Wow!  This barrel is absolutely incredible.  I took a second bottle to my FIL yesterday and we had a nice time.  I like to bring bourbons there to leave behind as I am the only one who drinks it regularly.  Combination of everyone being excited to get together and that the barrel was so tasty, but we ended up drinking 3/4 of it in one go!  It was a good day!

• I like it 4

Stagg Jr. batch 13. Needed a slow sipper after a hectic day at work.  The bottle has been open for a few months now, and has really come into it’s sweet spot. 

• I like it 3

Last night’s birthday celebration over zoom with my brother and friends.

4BD795D0-ED28-447F-87A2-15BEF369E518.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Last night’s birthday celebration over zoom with my brother and friends.

Welllllllll, Happy Birthday! ?

Biba! Joe

Nothing yet, but I feel some of my Weller Blend might end up in my glass this evening. ^_^

Biba! Joe

Pic #1- Before

Pic#2- After

DSC_0018.jpeg

DSC_0019.jpeg

Having some Bakers 13y tonight. Although really good bourbon I'm always disappointed with the cap (cork) on this bottle. Should have been a little heavier. Oh well, I'm over it... 

Purging some bottles (Bernheim) and enjoying a nice MGP rye. 

image.jpg

11 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Small pour, plenty of flavor.

Le3iL0Q73PVQqEGLPyDIYFn5qdUFOKRW-02ATukPFVl3KJzg6RXxV4rW5DOI47Cn3MtX0HmsMFd1faeuJOE7iZi2fiWgb1KeF_MZ-DXwWGRqwNZfLN_wghIdJpl2ECysE8QZu4iQxH7AtuQURYH8R5MJvLfvE5e2ZsRYpDEIXl_QGm0BKGx6rCh833FyxD2JqmkYk7PSe7qYGbKkhVWzUJZ9y6I3jH46F4QuzH6X-h25jmAd_4mDrPpjkowPVz70s5Am2BnGltokB8rdktn79RLRvrIg4aIHIH7ViEcqpd8XwG70ZV0vEDg4wzQQvrLEZT9aitOv4x_r6lArbgCmDw3unsetfm5TZMTaVC6Cr7JSRSejhGrrPMf4wN5CXhnF8cOGjNnLDsgYVI5322HdJ1b5EzbeMFfHl59r92XhIMCQI-QnQw4hM7FdY5oq77YneDzEKQVRcgEK4ffBBseJbZ8Ips96ntgTi6hgRKTWqK98tCrLaEflS8U-uUqwPJ5EpOeVGiHmVsZXnTGkm75CWvAXJ0DjjnUnJ4SSRICHo-VyEBBx_LeTAgbw4arv95o_yg8SbJ1glyOb7ZWVISdJA_5vDOEGBXa92YwPtZu5pAf3hLntKiG5SHS5-vzMItBIuj0wfhKU4GhQDpb7OEfwjEH1JOuK4uOIHgkno0mB9d-Wp4K750ze5NclwB6lI48=w882-h1176-no?authuser=0

????????????

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

????????????

Haha, pic fail. Sorry! Trying again:00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200623235044794_COVER.thumb.jpg.eb9c831a70f71646cf5968086509a495.jpg

• I like it 4

I'm not much on OF stuff. I'm not sure if it was the friends I was with, or the cigar, but my first go around with OF1910 was very good. I'll now have to buy a bottle. 

20200624_173554.jpg

• I like it 1

Also having some Old Forester tonight. Opened up an OF1920. Sitting outside on a cooler night here and enjoying the higher proof.

• I like it 3

I put in a good day, today at the office.  Sold some stuff at good prices.  Bought some stuff at good prices.  And, made some people happy!  So, rewarding myself with some OWA out on the front patio.  

Tomorrow may turn to shite, but I’m taking these little wins today and running with them!  ?

1C710AD2-2D4F-4F24-915A-FD4E5DC5EEE8.jpeg

• I like it 11

5 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I put in a good day, today at the office.  Sold some stuff at good prices.  Bought some stuff at good prices.  And, made some people happy!  So, rewarding myself with some OWA out on the front patio.  

Tomorrow may turn to shite, but I’m taking these little wins today and running with them!  ?

1C710AD2-2D4F-4F24-915A-FD4E5DC5EEE8.jpeg

I will join you with 107‘s little brother...

CB2E2BE1-ABE2-40C6-ACF7-38B19DDBC0F1.thumb.jpeg.c0fda2fe8f690fa0600bd3087844033c.jpeg

• I like it 6

20 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

I will join you with 107‘s little brother...

CB2E2BE1-ABE2-40C6-ACF7-38B19DDBC0F1.thumb.jpeg.c0fda2fe8f690fa0600bd3087844033c.jpeg

Cheers!  I notice that you use that EWSB stainless cup pretty often.  It’s one of my favorites of all time, and get a kick out of seeing you use it.  I used to hit mine very regularly, particularly in the Winters out by the fire.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.