4th of July Bourbon

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I bought a 1L of BT about 3 weeks ago. I’ll continue to chip away on it shortly when we head to my sister-in-law’s to watch the kids pop fireworks. 

• I like it 1

So, all not bourbon. Started out with a fresh castle and key pinhook... Gone. Thanks guys. Then went to my sp KC rye... Gone. Thanks again. Cracked one of my LSB 13 from the bunker. Let's see what happens. Most everyone is done, and it's my favorite.

A pour of Lot B after grilling 3 lbs of jumbo shrimp. 

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

A pour of Lot B after grilling 3 lbs of jumbo shrimp. 

Did you happen to cook anything for other people in the household?  "These are my shrimp.  I'll make sure they aren't BAD.  Would you like some tater tots?"  Did you happen to offer them something to drink as well?  Like, "Here's some Jim Beam.  Make yourself a cocktail."

B)

Little (heck, more than a little) bummed by the news on Gary/Vosgar, but OGD BIB is keeping me in the game as we watch 4 July stuff from around the Nation on CNN.

• I like it 2

On 7/2/2020 at 4:07 PM, mal00768 said:

Rare breed. Done.

Rare Breed for me as well.

Started with an OF1910. ~3oz pour which I savored for about an hour while grilling a tri-tip (that came out just about perfect, to my great delight).

First time I’ve had it, and I am a fan. It reminded me of WR double oaked, which I really enjoy. But it’s softer on the front palate; I thought of honey with a floral note, lavender perhaps. On the mid-palate it was just sweet and simple corn whiskey, but ended with the dry, oaky, pipe tobacco finish I associate with the double oaked WR. Very sippable. And incredible rich leather color.

I ended the night with a Rittenhouse old

fashioned watching fireworks from my front yard, which is pictured. Great night!

Happy 4th!

CAF19956-1886-4851-B3A3-877541AA9D2C.jpeg

• I like it 5

8 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Started with an OF1910. ~3oz pour which I savored for about an hour while grilling a tri-tip (that came out just about perfect, to my great delight).

First time I’ve had it, and I am a fan. It reminded me of WR double oaked, which I really enjoy. But it’s softer on the front palate; I thought of honey with a floral note, lavender perhaps. On the mid-palate it was just sweet and simple corn whiskey, but ended with the dry, oaky, pipe tobacco finish I associate with the double oaked WR. Very sippable. And incredible rich leather color.

I ended the night with a Rittenhouse old

fashioned watching fireworks from my front yard, which is pictured. Great night!

Happy 4th!

CAF19956-1886-4851-B3A3-877541AA9D2C.jpeg

Great pic

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Great pic

Thanks! That’s the full moon behind my glass, and the illumination from the exploding firework  made it look almost like daytime. 

28 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Thanks! That’s the full moon behind my glass, and the illumination from the exploding firework  made it look almost like daytime. 

Fantastic

9 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Did you happen to cook anything for other people in the household?  "These are my shrimp.  I'll make sure they aren't BAD.  Would you like some tater tots?"  Did you happen to offer them something to drink as well?  Like, "Here's some Jim Beam.  Make yourself a cocktail."

B)

Little (heck, more than a little) bummed by the news on Gary/Vosgar, but OGD BIB is keeping me in the game as we watch 4 July stuff from around the Nation on CNN.

Ha! There were three of us so plenty of seafood for everyone. Man.. its the way to go too.. local seafood market ends up being about 1/4 the price of eating out . The other two had no interest in my choice of drink thankfully. 

• I like it 1

Happy Fourth, all!.    All the "offfical" fireworks shows were cancelled,  but here at the beach there were amateur displays all along the eight-mile strand, under a  stunning full moon 

Out on the deck the sipping consisted of Remus Repeal Reserve (batch II).    The finest MGP juice as presented by MGP itself,  and even better than Metze's Select.    And for variety,  some Buffalo Trace Kosher Wheat,  which is the secret way to get Weller at the Jersey Shore.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.