Jack Daniel's master distiller stepping down after 12 years

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

!

I've really enjoyed some of the special releases, particularly the higher/barrel proofs.  The prices on other things, like the Sinatra, left me cold even if I liked the taste, but I doubt the Master Distiller sets those.;)  During "tough times", it is always interesting to watch who in the corporate context, leaves for "personal reasons".  After 12 years, though, and considering what's going on worldwide, I can see his deciding , "Now's a good time for me to cash in my chips and figure out what, if anything, I want to do in six months since I can afford to do NOTHING!!!"  Been there/done that.

Interesting departure. That it is without explanation suggest either burn out or a change in philosophy by BF. I don’t think the rye has been all that big a success.

4 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Interesting departure. That it is without explanation suggest either burn out or a change in philosophy by BF. I don’t think the rye has been all that big a success.

It does kind of have that air of "we want to move on from you but we like you so this will publicly be amicable". 

I agree with Harry on the pricey items like Sinatra - always wanted to try it but couldn't justify it.

The single barrel BP though - just love that stuff.

• I like it 1

I had an odd feeling when I first posted this. Something akin to déhà vu. Then I remembered. Back in 2008, not long after I first became a member here, Mr. Arnett’s predecessor, Jimmy Bedford, left JD after being accused of sexual harassment. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had an odd feeling when I first posted this. Something akin to déhà vu. Then I remembered. Back in 2008, not long after I first became a member here, Mr. Arnett’s predecessor, Jimmy Bedford, left JD after being accused of sexual harassment. 

Biba! Joe

Spent too many years as lawyer to a federal agency IG to have discounted this.  I sure hope it’s a money issue (You didn’t bring in enough with your bad ideas,) than the alternative.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.