Blenheims Ginger ale and Rye

Skinsfan1311
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There's an old thread, that I won't resurrect, about the "best" ginger ale for mixing with bourbon.

The consensus seemed to be Blenheim's Red Top #3.

I broke down and ordered a case directly from them.

Wow!!  Those posters who raved about it were spot-on.   This is the one that I've been searching for.   It has the perfect spicy bite that stands up to the OGD114 and WT101 rye that I tested it with.

It's not available around here, (Baltimore metro area), except by the bottle at one of those specialty candy stores in Annapolis.

If you can get your hands on it, I suggest that you give it a try.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

It is probably not in your area, either, but Birmingham's old style Buffalo Rock has a very spicy kick, too. Many people will not drink it, saying it is too "hot". I love it.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, ratcheer said:

It is probably not in your area, either, but Birmingham's old style Buffalo Rock has a very spicy kick, too. Many people will not drink it, saying it is too "hot". I love it.

That Buffalo Rock is an A$$ kicker! ??

Generally speaking, I move to highballs like bourbon and ginger, on a warm afternoon, or mostly when I’m “bourboned out”, my palate is trashed, and I want something bourbon-ey, but mixed up and lighter.  So, I generally stick to Canada Dry, Ale-8-One, or a less spicy ginger.  But, if I’m feeling particularly spunky, a Blenheim’s Red Cap, Buffalo Rock, or other “hot” one, are hard to beat.  

• I like it 2

I seldom drink whiskey, other than neat.

Once in a while, I'll drink it with Reed's ginger beer.

The Blenheim's Red Cap has spoiled it for me.   On one hand, I finally found ginger ale that holds its own.......on the other hand, it's now the only one that I'll use as a mixer.  It's expensive, but worth it, to me.

20201122_141017.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.