Stagg Jr

JoeTerp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If Stagg Jr stays true to history there have always been two releases per year.  Has anyone seen Batch 15 yet?  I would expect it to be out very soon (Batch 13 was very late last year too if my memory is correct).  I'm just curious if Batch 15 is out and if so what proof this one comes in at.

• 2 weeks later...

Batch 14 only landed here in NoCal about a week or so ago and I've heard no stories of 15 being found anywhere.  Sounds like 2020 will have only one release adding insult to injury to this clusterf*** of a year. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, webfoots said:

I’ve seen some posts on Reddit of batch 15 on the east coast. 131.1 proof

I think I've been seeing the 131.1 on some shelves here in NJ, though the prices have been ridiculous (like $150), not the usual $50-$80 that I used to pick it up at.  Fortunately, I have a good amount of past batches bunkered.

I'm so jealous.  I got my only bottle of batch 14 two weeks ago.  I'm giving it some time to open up, but so far it falls short of 12 & 13.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a weird hunch on Monday morning that I should go to the ABC store down the street from my house when they opened up... even though the night before I literally had just been discussing with a friend how I'm happy that store is walking distance from me, but it's small & they hardly ever seem to get much special there.

I ultimately decided against going up there because it was pretty nasty out that morning.

Turns out, there was Stagg batch 15 & 1792 12Y on the shelf when they opened. All gone soon after though, and they were apparently the only store in the area to get that 12Y version of the 1792.

Throughout the week, there have been several dumps of BT, ER10, CEHTSB, Blanton's, and the Stagg batch 15 all across NC.

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a Batch 15 yesterday.   The batch 15 was one of my least fave.    I only had a 14 to compare SBS, but I liked the 14 much better.    I thought the 15 was a hot mess.   Missing the cherry cola goodness of the 14, just heat, wood, and mint is what I got out of the 15.   Maybe a bad pallet night.

14 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I opened a Batch 15 yesterday.   The batch 15 was one of my least fave.    I only had a 14 to compare SBS, but I liked the 14 much better.    I thought the 15 was a hot mess.   Missing the cherry cola goodness of the 14, just heat, wood, and mint is what I got out of the 15.   Maybe a bad pallet night.

Interesting because I thought batch 14 was lacking most of the cherry cola and molasses (sort of burnt brown sugar not) as well and was more oak and heat.  It's improved a bit but it is nowhere near what batch 12 was.  I thought 13 was a really good batch also, just under the 12 if I had to rank them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just opened a Batch 15 a few nights ago and now letting it rest for a month or so. The neck pour was hot and oaky but already getting some nice caramel, molasses and cherries.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried Batch 12 yet but Batch 13 is one of my all-time favs. I thought Batch 14 was pretty over-rated and my least favorite of the last 3 batches.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:44 PM, geclbxf said:

I remember a night when a few friends had an outdoor tasting of 11-14 and I thought the 14 was way behind the others.  A few weeks late I tied the 14 again and it was just great.  I think these Stagg Jr's benefit from a little breathing time.

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...

I just joined the blog and I'm a Stagg Jr fan. Can anyone tell me when we might see a batch show up in the stores?

46 minutes ago, Tony L said:

I just joined the blog and I'm a Stagg Jr fan. Can anyone tell me when we might see a batch show up in the stores?

The most recent batch dropped about 6 weeks ago (or maybe even longer) so we likely won't see the next batch until late in the year.

That I know of we didn't get any in KY, TN, IN,. Thanks for the update. 

On 7/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, flahute said:

The most recent batch dropped about 6 weeks ago (or maybe even longer) so we likely won't see the next batch until late in the year.

I heard about batch 16 information,  but i haven't seen it make it to anyones hands yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.