Higher proof blends

Jazz June
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Are there any higher proof (and reasonably priced) blends? I used Nikka From the Barrel in some cocktails and it was great. But in looking around for more readily available and cheaper blends for cocktails, it doesn't seem there are many. I found Cutty Sark Prohibition at 100 proof, but my state doesn't seem to carry it anymore. I know there are a great many cask strength single malts, but was hoping someone here could point me to a blend that might fit the bill. Thanks!

Can you get Black Bull 12 near you? That is also 100 proof, and pretty good value at $45-55 or so.

2 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Can you get Black Bull 12 near you? That is also 100 proof, and pretty good value at $45-55 or so.

This was gonna be my suggestion. Rather grain heavy but in my opinion it is to it's credit! Thoroughly good stuff. 

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes...

050F5CE8-912F-4B19-A1AD-A84832B61EB9.thumb.jpeg.dae7847a3b62c055b555b81c8f33f395.jpeg

Looks delicious, but I would be hard-pressed to call that a moderately priced cocktail mixer!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Virginia doesn't have a listing for the Black Bull. Montgomery County does, but it is out of stock at $72. I'll keep an eye out for it in DC. The Compass Box products also seem hard to find, so I'm not holding out hope of finding a LE from them, but agree that does look delicious.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Marekv8 said:

Yes...

050F5CE8-912F-4B19-A1AD-A84832B61EB9.thumb.jpeg.dae7847a3b62c055b555b81c8f33f395.jpeg

I missed out on that big, bad boy! It does look spectacular though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.