Fred Minnik

BourbonGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I out his name in the search function and maybe missed the topic.  But in my latest copy of Bourbon+, Fred  is no longer the Editor -in-Chief.  

Anyone know why he is no longer there?  Did he sell it?

Don't know why.  A mag renewal slip I received in mid-December 2020 had his name on it.  However, a quick perusal of his blog turned up no reference to Bourbon+ let alone to his apparent departure.  The Bourbon+ website, www.bourbonplus.com, does not list him in "Contributors" and John Thames is listed as "founder & publisher" and Carla Carlton is listed as editor-in-chief.  Ms. Carlton wrote the book "Barrel Strength Bourbon . . ." (2017) about the growing popularity of bourbon (as well as some other books on bourbon), and, in addition to appearances at industry events, runs her www.thebourbonbabe.com website.  IIRC (because I didn't keep my old copies), she used to be listed as Managing Editor and had an editor's column toward the front of each mag.

7 hours ago, flahute said:

@Fred Minnick is a member here. He might decide to drop in and let us know.

And if not, is OK.  Those of us who've been in bidness or gumint for any length of time know that stuff happens, things change, and people move on.  An annual average turnover of over 15% for a group more than five is, according to a couple HRM consultants who've looked at places I've worked is not out of line.  SR MGT is even more frenetic.

ME?  Not sure I care a lot.  I do like reading his stuff from time to time.

• I like it 2

Thanks for the replies.  He left Whisky Advocate to join Bourbon+  As Harry mentioned, I too enjoy reading his writings.  I just thought it was strange the someone who was the face of the magazine, just disappears.

I am up for renewal.   This last issue was just OK.  Without  Fred Minnick there, I may not re-subscribe.

He announced his decision to move on via his Twitter, but I don’t remember the details. Or if there were details. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.