Clement Creole Shrubb

Guss West
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some of you here, you know who you are, have got me looking at the amari at every store now, and I dumb-luck stumbled over a bottle of the Clement Creole Shrubb in the vicinity.  A blend of white and 6yo rhum agricole rested for a year on orange peels in a barrel.  Sweetened at the end with cane syrup.  

Fancy I'm going to like it given my obsession with Clement; and have a bottle of Grand Marnier waiting in the wings for some orange liqueur cocktail throw-downs!    

What are your favorite ways to use this stuff with whiskey?  So looking forward to this!!  

(My 300th post on a bourbon forum is about rhum liqueur.  Yep, that's just about right.  300 posts to bourbon zen.  Thanks, SB!!)  

• I like it 2

I didn't realize that this also included the holiday spices and is a traditional Christmas-time drink.  That little bit adds even more joy to my discovery of this bottle!  

• I like it 2

I’m going to have to see if this is available in my market. Clement Rum is available, so I suspect this might also be available. 

• I like it 1

On 2/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, Guss West said:

Some of you here, you know who you are, have got me looking at the amari at every store now, and I dumb-luck stumbled over a bottle of the Clement Creole Shrubb in the vicinity.  A blend of white and 6yo rhum agricole rested for a year on orange peels in a barrel.  Sweetened at the end with cane syrup.  

Fancy I'm going to like it given my obsession with Clement; and have a bottle of Grand Marnier waiting in the wings for some orange liqueur cocktail throw-downs!    

What are your favorite ways to use this stuff with whiskey?  So looking forward to this!!  

(My 300th post on a bourbon forum is about rhum liqueur.  Yep, that's just about right.  300 posts to bourbon zen.  Thanks, SB!!)  

One of my favorite uses was in a drink that was made with me in mind (although not a whiskey drink)

Space Ghost
3/4 Trois Rivieres rhum Agricole Amber
3/4 Cognac
3/4 Dubonnet
1/2 Clement creole shrubb
1/4 gran Classico
Stirred and served up with expressed orange peel

But anywhere you see triple sec or curaçao or Grand Marnier or Cointreau in a whiskey drink then Creole Shrubb is going to be a great option!

• I like it 3

JM is what turned me on to Rhum Agricole.  Down that rabbit hole I went.  

Anywhere to find their age-stated older bottlings on the East Coast? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.