BOTM 08/21 Maker's Mark 101

On 8/10/2021 at 7:42 PM, G L Tirebiter said:

Not sure if its allocated in PA, but I have not seen it in any of the local stores.     Will have to look harder, I guess.

I haven't seen it in Pennsy State stores but it has become available again in Jersey.    I agree with others that this is the best thing that MM does.    That's not a knock against their staves program,  I like those.    But 101 is 101 - the Holy Proof,  at least if you adhere to the Book of  Russell.   Their wheated mashbill at 101 is, or ought to be,  iconic.   This is how MM is done.   

• I like it 2

It came available to me.  I finally got to try it.  First sip - this is really nice. 👍 

• I like it 4
On 8/15/2021 at 1:19 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice pick for BOTM Steve. 👌 I’ve been revisiting MM products the last year or so. All have made me smile, but the most satisfying pour has been MM 101.

FWIW, I also pretty much agree with  “the keyboard man”. 😉  Just substitute Weller SR for WT 101. 😁 

BTW,  I can personally attest to the fact that Todd likes WT101. I have incriminating photos. 😙

Biba! Joe

I can never find SR around here, though it too is totally a comfort bourbon. :D I know you have photos...hehehe...damn I miss Fins, that place was such a great hang. :)  I've been seeing more MM101 in certain places...I'll have to bunker a couple more just in case... ;) 

• I like it 1
Harry in WashDC

First visit to this BOTM - been distracted by non-bourbon stuff.  MM was the first real wheated bourbon I'd had - introduced to it by the daughter of a Presbyterian minister who traveled through pre-WWII China.  Daughter was a friend of my wife's although she was 30 years our senior.

ANYWAY, I have liked each higher proof MM but haven't had this one.  I shall now keep my eyes open.  So, THANKS.

I'll let my actions speak louder than my words.

Here is what I think about your selection for bottle of the month:

20210924_152442.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 7

That happened over here too.

I'm almost afraid to say much.  I don't want people to start hogging it.

• I like it 3
Jazzhead

Maker's at Jimmy's proof.    What a concept!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several bottles since last winter.  I have turned a few folks onto it as well.  It is readily available for what was originally talked about as having seasonal availability.  My first bottle was $39.99.  I haven't paid more than $32 since.  One of the better new releases over the past few years.  

• I like it 1
1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have had several bottles since last winter.  I have turned a few folks onto it as well.  It is readily available for what was originally talked about as having seasonal availability.  My first bottle was $39.99.  I haven't paid more than $32 since.  One of the better new releases over the past few years.  

Not in the northern NJ area. Best price I’ve seen is $49.99. I have one at that price but would like to find it cheaper.