Top 10 Best-Selling Distilled Spirits Brands in the United States, in 1971

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here is a great one from Chuck Cowdery. (He is a member here though he hasn't posted in a long time)

This just goes to show you how dire the situation once was and how drastically it has changed.

https://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/2022/01/top-10-best-selling-distilled-spirits.html?fbclid=IwAR1W7bbP8-dNQDP77QEXuwEENgoTj4x7hAETO--LOKAe2Sq7dyOBTCDKsDk&m=1

• I like it 6

Interesting...

I remember part of that boat. It was about 2 years until I was allowed into that scene but had older brothers & sisters. The Segrams & CC were the early mixer favs even at the adult parties and that trend continued for a bit.

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 1

I learned to drive in a '71 Chevy Bel Aire.  That was a boat.

Back in the day, I remember my aunts and uncles drinking "highballs".

One uncle had the Old Crow decanter that looked like a crow wearing a top hat.  I was very interested in that, but they wouldn't let me examine it.

• I like it 4

I guessed 8 of the 10 before hitting the link-- had Justerini & Brooks and Southern Comfort slotted in instead of the gins. Showing my age.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I guessed 8 of the 10 before hitting the link-- had Justerini & Brooks and Southern Comfort slotted in instead of the gins. Showing my age.

Ahh Southern Comfort!!!

The boda bag filler of choice after freezing yur a$$ off, standing in a lake of frigid water, trying to shoot a few ducks!!!

The 70's ruled... 🥶

• I like it 3

My parents didn't drink.  However, my grandfather had a fully stocked bar and refrigerator.  I recall he had a few blended whiskeys (although I didn't know the difference at the time), rum, gin, and vodka.  He also had all kinds of mixers, ginger ale, soda water, orange juice, etc.  I specifically remember he liked Cutty Sark because that was a favorite of Vince Lombardi.  My grandfather was a Packers fan.  

We normally drank beer in my youth (high school years).  As Chuck indicated 3:2 beer was a common choice since we could go to Ohio to buy it.  However, as I had older brothers and an older sister, it was pretty easy to have them pick up something to take to the party.  I recall drinking Canadian Club in the late 1970s.  Occasionally, a bottle of Southern Comfort, Wild Turkey, or Jack Daniels if we felt bad ass.  In the early 1980s, we moved on to Jack or Beam mixed with soda.  I never contemplated drinking straight bourbon until the early 2000s.  

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Occasionally, a bottle of Southern Comfort, Wild Turkey, or Jack Daniels if we felt bad ass.   

Ha! Love this!

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.