Ideas on 'presenting' 2oz sample bottles?

WhiskeyProposition
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm going to send ten (per person) 2oz samples to various friends and family. Trying to find something to put them in not necessarily for shipping but more for presentation. I was scouring Amazon and was looking at something like a clear lipstick organizer but I don't think that's the right size. Any ideas? 

How “crafty” are you, do you have a Michael’s close by, and how much time do you have on your hands?  

• I like it 1

lol....my wife suggested Michael's. I may bring one of the bottles with me and see if they have anything that will work. 

34 minutes ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

Yeah, was hoping to find something that served both purposes. 

Leemark dental 100ml plastic bottles(Amazon). I may know from experience that 5 sample bottles fit perfectly in the USPS priority mail boxes that are roughly the shape (a bit bigger) than a VHS cassette. Need just a bit of filler. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Leemark dental 100ml plastic bottles(Amazon). I may know from experience that 5 sample bottles fit perfectly in the USPS priority mail boxes that are roughly the shape (a bit bigger) than a VHS cassette. Need just a bit of filler. 

I'll definitely remember that for next time. 

I've got ten 2oz samples ready to go to four friends/family members. 

IMG_20220115_201628761_HDR.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

I'll definitely remember that for next time. 

I've got ten 2oz samples ready to go to four friends/family members. 

IMG_20220115_201628761_HDR.jpg

Where did you get those labels from? They look great! I have some samples I want to make also but was only thinking putting plain typed labels. Those look SO much better. If you don’t mind my asking…..

51 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

How about a small travel case or shaving kit?

Joe

Yeah, I guess I was looking for something with individual storage pockets or similar that would protect the bottles but present them somewhat nicely. 

29 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Where did you get those labels from? They look great! I have some samples I want to make also but was only thinking putting plain typed labels. Those look SO much better. If you don’t mind my asking…..

Thanks lol.....I downloaded pics then printed them on address labels and cut to size. 

• I like it 3

FWIW I archive 2oz samples of noteworthy bottles and store them in old Bookers wood boxes...  Probably hard to ship that way, though.

I wound up knocking this out this morning. Just a piece of 4x4 cedar shaved down a bit, sanded, knocked the corners down, and drilled 1-5/8" holes. I don't have a drill press, so the holes were done by hand and aren't perfect, but it was a good trial run. For one that I'm going to ship, I think I may make a matching cap out of a 2x4 piece of cedar. It's fairly light when done and I think will protect the bottles nicely. 

.....now,what to tell the post office when they ask what's in the box..... 

IMG_20220116_132450934_1_1.jpg

• I like it 8

6 hours ago, dcbt said:

FWIW I archive 2oz samples of noteworthy bottles and store them in old Bookers wood boxes...  Probably hard to ship that way, though.

Might be an option! 

3 hours ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

I’ve heard tell of folks receiving olive oil and snow globes…..🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

I wound up knocking this out this morning. Just a piece of 4x4 cedar shaved down a bit, sanded, knocked the corners down, and drilled 1-5/8" holes. I don't have a drill press, so the holes were done by hand and aren't perfect, but it was a good trial run. For one that I'm going to ship, I think I may make a matching cap out of a 2x4 piece of cedar. It's fairly light when done and I think will protect the bottles nicely. 

IMG_20220116_132450934_1_1.jpg

I am IMPRESSED.  I have a "small" tabletop drill press and have used it multiple times to make bases for fat (i.e., wide) candles out of cedar rounds salvaged from downed Virginia Juniper trees.  Also saved the juniper berries for making my own gin flavors out of 100 proof vodka and a Brita filter.  NEVER thought of making a wooden box to hold the 50 and 75 ml bottles I buy to hold samples.  Nice work.  THX for the ideas.   

9 hours ago, dcbt said:

The Archive! Love it!  I have one as well. It’s a wooden Fonseca 375ml port crate. And by kismet fits 8x6 of the 100ml bottles PERFECTLY. No wiggle room. 

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I am IMPRESSED.  I have a "small" tabletop drill press and have used it multiple times to make bases for fat (i.e., wide) candles out of cedar rounds salvaged from downed Virginia Juniper trees.  Also saved the juniper berries for making my own gin flavors out of 100 proof vodka and a Brita filter.  NEVER thought of making a wooden box to hold the 50 and 75 ml bottles I buy to hold samples.  Nice work.  THX for the ideas.   

Thanks! A drill press would have definitely given me straighter holes and consistent depths. It's a fun, nice little gift.....and smells great. 

I just bought 2 like the sucker that I am - my wife loves travel gadgets, and it does get tiresome packing bottles and hoping for the best.   We use those disposable sealing air bladders often.   I think she will love them, and I will get to pack a few pours for my weekly travels, has to be cheaper than the Marriott or Hilton bar.

Thanks for sharing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.