Dr. Frank J. Kraus RIP

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Death Announcement from the Chicago Tribune

Dr. Frank J. Kraus, former James B. Beam distillery executive, of Lake Forest, died Saturday, June 19, 2004. He was 92 years old. Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Norma Tewes Kraus; a daughter, Marie Lerner-Sexton (Paul Sexton) of Olathe, Kansas; a son, Rick Kraus (Marcia) of Denver, CO; a brother, Paul Kraus of Chicago; three grandchildren, Abraham, Molly and Hannah Kraus; and one great-grandchild. He also leaves two stepgrandchildren and two stepgreat-grandchildren. Dr. Kraus had a long and distinguished career in the whiskey industry, retiring as Vice-President of Beam Distilling Co. in 1984. A Memorial Service will be held at the First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest on Wednesday, June 23 at 1 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Lake Forest Hospice, to Ravinia Music Festival, or to the church. Info, Wenban Funeral Home, Lake Forest, 847-234-0022.

Note to the moderators. I would like this posted here or in some other public forum, rather than in the Industry New section, so that members who have information about Kraus's career can post it here.

For those who may have missed it, Boone posted two clippings about Kraus a month ago, that will give you a little better idea of his importance to the industry. Coincidentally, I believe. I don't think anyone at the time knew he was near death.

The first one.

The second one.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.