23 yr Stitzel-Weller at the Bar at Willett!

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last Friday we visited the Bar at Willett to celebrate my birthday.  As some of you know from previous postings, the Bar at Willett is one of our favorite places to visit for food, drinks, and a general good time.  We have developed a nice relationship with some of the folks there and we always feel welcome and comfortable.  So, last Friday, after already enjoying a nice pour of some 19 year WFE, upon ordering some coffee and carrot cake for dessert our server Jason brought over a bottle of 23 yr WFE that he said came from S-W stocks.  It was not a bottle on the drinks list as available for pours.  Rather I was told it was one they reserved for "special occasions."  I was honored to receive a pour.  23 years old, 132 proof.  Dark as coal.  Wish I had taken a photo but in the moment forgot to.  And how was it?  In a single word:  Fantastic!  Thanks Andy.  Thanks Jason.  You guys made a good day even better.

• I like it 18

That's incredible! Congratulations on a great birthday celebration and a great experience.

• I like it 1

You know, the funny thing is we don't consider ourselves to be "high rollers" or anything like that when we visit the Bar at Willett.  We go there 6 or 7 times a year.  We spend some $ and tip well, but nothing incredibly extravagant.  And yes, I write posts on this forum about our visits.  But that is because I want to.  We just have such a good time there that I want to share it with folks, especially on this forum.  We so appreciate the service and consideration that we receive there.  It is unlike anything we have experienced anywhere else.  Our favorite place?  Absolutely.

• I like it 1

It is encouraging to see that nice customers are rewarded with nice service and fantastic pours.

We have been to Willet a handful of times and thoroughly enjoyed our visit every time.

3 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

You know, the funny thing is we don't consider ourselves to be "high rollers" or anything like that when we visit the Bar at Willett.  We go there 6 or 7 times a year.  We spend some $ and tip well, but nothing incredibly extravagant.  And yes, I write posts on this forum about our visits.  But that is because I want to.  We just have such a good time there that I want to share it with folks, especially on this forum.  We so appreciate the service and consideration that we receive there.  It is unlike anything we have experienced anywhere else.  Our favorite place?  Absolutely.

You are lucky to live close enough that you can be a regular there. I've been there many times myself and have loved it every single time. The food is incredible. It's amazing to me that a small town in the middle of Kentucky could have food that creative and good. I'd put it up with there with anything I can get in Seattle. Their bartenders are fantastic as well. And of course, there's all that WFE and other dusties to choose from. A big kudos to Drew for luring that chef away from NYC so he could bring such quality to Bardstown.

• I like it 5

If for no other reason, the WFE is sufficient reason to visit.  The variety and choices of WFE available is almost unbelievable.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.