Sad News About My Neighbor

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As some of you may remember, I posted an account of our visit to the Bar at Willett back a year or so ago, where my wife and I took our next door neighbors to Willett to celebrate her at that time remission in her fight with pancreatic cancer.  Willett outdid themselves with their hospitality at that visit, and here is the link to the discussion that was had on this forum:  

I am now very sad to have to report that my friend and neighbor passed away this morning from her cancer.  She was in her early 50's, mother of 3 children, and a courageous fighter.  She lived 2 1/2 years after being diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  I will be forever grateful that we had the opportunity to share at least one good time with her during her time of illness.  To Andy and Jason at Willett, if you happen to read this, thank you once again for what you did for us that day.

52 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

As some of you may remember, I posted an account of our visit to the Bar at Willett back a year or so ago, where my wife and I took our next door neighbors to Willett to celebrate her at that time remission in her fight with pancreatic cancer.  Willett outdid themselves with their hospitality at that visit, and here is the link to the discussion that was had on this forum:  

I am now very sad to have to report that my friend and neighbor passed away this morning from her cancer.  She was in her early 50's, mother of 3 children, and a courageous fighter.  She lived 2 1/2 years after being diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  I will be forever grateful that we had the opportunity to share at least one good time with her during her time of illness.  To Andy and Jason at Willett, if you happen to read this, thank you once again for what you did for us that day.

I’ve lost a longtime Army Ranger buddy and, separately, a close relative to pancreatic cancer.  I am so sorry for your loss and also am sorry your neighbor had to go through that particular cancer.  Life sometimes is just not fair.

40 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I’ve lost a longtime Army Ranger buddy and, separately, a close relative to pancreatic cancer.  I am so sorry for your loss and also am sorry your neighbor had to go through that particular cancer.  Life sometimes is just not fair.

Thanks Harry, and you are so right.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. 

My Mother-in-Law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the 1969.  She had what is known as the Whipple procedure which has a 5 year survival rate of 25%.  She went through chemo for 10 years.  She is 92 years old and 54+ years out from her diagnosis. Her life has been a blessing.  Her children, including my wife, were quite young and my Father-in-Law was preparing to be a widower.  He was preparing to be a widower, yet she outlived him.  Life is not predictable.  

Early 50s is much too early.  Pancreatic cancer is brutal.  It affects people of every age and has a very low survival rate. 

Prayers for her family and friends.

• I like it 1

Godspeed to her, that is far too young.  My most sincere condolences to her family and to you as well.

No one knows when his thread shall be cut.  This post reminds me to Live The Day.

• I like it 1

Condolences to you and glad to know some good times were shared when she was still able. Lost my adopted mom to the same just a few months ago, it’s a beast of a disease. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 9:42 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I am sorry to hear of your loss. 

My Mother-in-Law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the 1969.  She had what is known as the Whipple procedure which has a 5 year survival rate of 25%.  She went through chemo for 10 years.  She is 92 years old and 54+ years out from her diagnosis. Her life has been a blessing.  Her children, including my wife, were quite young and my Father-in-Law was preparing to be a widower.  He was preparing to be a widower, yet she outlived him.  Life is not predictable.  

Early 50s is much too early.  Pancreatic cancer is brutal.  It affects people of every age and has a very low survival rate. 

Prayers for her family and friends.

Unfortunately, my neighbor was not eligible for a Whipple procedure due to the size and location of her tumor. 

My condolences.    My mother died of pancreatic cancer.   It is an awful thing.   Remember the good times, and raise a glass.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.