The Man Himself!!

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wife and I visited the Bar at Willett once again today.  But this day was a little different, in that we got to meet and talk with the man himself, Evan Kulsveen, the owner and face of Willett.  By the way, he is an extremely nice man.  We enjoyed meeting him and had a nice visit.

IMG_1639.thumb.jpeg.b61b3e6dba48cff2b944308f4a8aed4e.jpeg

• I like it 14

You and your wife enjoy visiting Willett often.  Mr. Kulsveen should consider you honorary members of the Willett family.  I believe certain perks should accompany this distinction.  Maybe special table nameplate or participation on the barrel selection team.

I met Drew Kulsveen several years ago.  He was a really nice man as well.  It appears he inherited the Kulsveen family charm from a good man.

BTW, you and your lovely wife look great!

• I like it 1

We do enjoy going to Willett.  We live about 25 miles away just outside of Elizabethtown, so it is an easy drive.  We go about every 6-8 weeks for lunch and a couple of drinks.  We have gotten to know most of the staff and especially Andy (the mgr.) and Jason (sort of the head server).  The service is great and we feel very comfortable there (we are not pretentious folks!).  Never know what's going to be on the menu (other than the egg salad sandwich) but everything is almost universally good to eat.

• I like it 1

On 3/24/2023 at 5:48 AM, Kyjd75 said:

We do enjoy going to Willett.  We live about 25 miles away just outside of Elizabethtown, so it is an easy drive.  We go about every 6-8 weeks for lunch and a couple of drinks.  We have gotten to know most of the staff and especially Andy (the mgr.) and Jason (sort of the head server).  The service is great and we feel very comfortable there (we are not pretentious folks!).  Never know what's going to be on the menu (other than the egg salad sandwich) but everything is almost universally good to eat.

Everyone has a favorite venue.  We have a local where we are well known and even if not by the server by other staff.  These places feel like home and even when a particular visit isn't up to par, it is still better than somewhere else.  Home and joy are where we find it.  Yet, I bet at some point you or your wife have tried the egg salad sandwich?

Either way, enjoy your happy place.  Hopefully, you have more than one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.