What bourbon are you drinking this Spring - 2024

markandrex

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Revisiting the Uncle Remus 1856.

I'm liking it a lot more than the first time around...

20240510_192245.jpg

Wasn't Uncle Remus a character in Walt Disney's Song Of The South.  I don't think they can show that one anymore.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

Wasn't Uncle Remus a character in Walt Disney's Song Of The South.  I don't think they can show that one anymore.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!    

• I like it 2

Chores done.

KC12 in the glass.

O's on TV

Nats on TV

PGA on TV

So the remote on the back porch is getting a workout😅

20240511_163928.jpg

• I like it 9

On the deck tonight, hoping to see the northern lights. Extremely windy today but calm now. Neighbors are all in their yards. Bonfires, parties, alcohol. Next door neighbor's son is having a sleepover. His uncle installed a new basketball goal today.  The sound of young kids playing basketball takes me back to when my sons were younger. 

Started with WTR101, finishing with HH7. 

We are cranking AC/DC on our stereo. I feel overconsumption on the horizon.  

• I like it 8

Weller CYPB in my glass tonight. It's one of my favorites in the Weller line and it gets overlooked due to the medium proof I guess.  I don't believe I'll be climbing the "Weller ladder" tonight, but I might bump it up a notch to WFP here in a little bit.

• I like it 2

And Weller Full Proof it is.  Tonight anyway, the CYPB has my vote over the WFP.

The Weller was nice, but I had a hankering for some good MGP.  My palate isn't at its best tonight, so I'll save my SAOS 10 year SiB for another day.  I grabbed the Belle Meade Reserve 108.3 proof instead and it doesn't disappoint.  This is a super solid MGP bottling.   It was very underrated when it was on the shelves.

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

The Weller was nice, but I had a hankering for some good MGP.  My palate isn't at its best tonight, so I'll save my SAOS 10 year SiB for another day.  I grabbed the Belle Meade Reserve 108.3 proof instead and it doesn't disappoint.  This is a super solid MGP bottling.   It was very underrated when it was on the shelves.

Amen!

13 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I grabbed the Belle Meade Reserve 108.3 proof instead and it doesn't disappoint.  This is a super solid MGP bottling.   It was very underrated when it was on the shelves.

5 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Amen!

Has anyone tried the new Nelson Brothers Reserve (replacement for Belle Meade)?  I have not tried it yet.

For curiosity I just did a quick MGP SBS between the Belle Meade Reserve vs Remus Repeal batch #6.  The Belle Meade wins easily.  I have not been impressed by the Remus Repeal #6.  The earlier versions were much, Much, MUCH better.  Because of my underwhelming experience with RR6, I passed on batch #7 when it came out.

Curious about Nelson Bros. Reserve though.

• I like it 1

Another nice Spring evening in Indiana.  Lots of yard work. Too much, if you ask me but it made my wife happy.  

Finished off a bottle of HH7. It is a very enjoyable bourbon. Next up, WTR 101 while watch Home Town on the deck. 

Yesterday was James Pepper, Doc Swinson and a New Riff. Not everyday brands but damn good. 

• I like it 1

MM Monday with a pour of RC-6 this evening.

• I like it 3

Last evening by the fire pit with my wife enjoying a nice pour of regular Larceny - lots of nice caramel sweetness.  This seems to get hate from a lot of people but, for me, it really hits the spot sometimes. 

larceny by the fire.jpg

• I like it 6

Last night, a pour of BT, followed by a pour of ER.  😊

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, fosmith said:

Last evening by the fire pit with my wife enjoying a nice pour of regular Larceny - lots of nice caramel sweetness.  This seems to get hate from a lot of people but, for me, it really hits the spot sometimes. 

larceny by the fire.jpg

Can't vouch for the reg Larceny as the BP was all I have tried & really dig. But, a big thumbs up for you and your Honey hanging out at the pit... 👍

WT101 for me last night.

• I like it 2

Took off of work today to play in a golf tournament.

The Capitals are one of the sponsors and they had a "Happy Gilmore" style putting contest,  where you putted with a hockey stick.

I sank the putt and won this.

A great excuse to have a weekday drink 😁

20240514_130629.jpg

20240514_155632.jpg

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Took off of work today to play in a golf tournament.

The Capitals are one of the sponsors and they had a "Happy Gilmore" style putting contest,  where you putted with a hockey stick.

I sank the putt and won this.

A great excuse to have a weekday drink 😁

20240514_130629.jpg

20240514_155632.jpg

Now that is cool!

• I like it 1

Chattanooga Cask on a big clear cube.  And, it’s good.  

• I like it 1

Bottle kill tonight. Damn good batch, glad I have another!

Schermafbeelding 2024-05-15 010348.jpg

• I like it 4

WSR in the glass on a rainy evening.

IMG_1312.jpeg

• I like it 5

PSA: if you’re thinking of getting a bottle of JB SiB in hopes of finding a value high proof better than average bourbon just buy a WT 101. That is all. 

I opened an EH Taylor Small Batch this evening. I’m having a nice discussion with the Colonel. Might take a while. 😊

• I like it 8

Killed this at a bar in Colorado the other day.  I never thought I'd see the day, especially since I'm pretty sure this was discontinued a while back.

IMG_3734.thumb.jpeg.d6e938401e2eec754611309d0a6adcc9.jpeg

• I like it 1

Only a couple of buddies for bourbon and cigars at the Legion tonight. We had some of my HH BIB blend and Benchmark BIB.  No complaints. 😁