What bourbon are you drinking this Spring - 2024

markandrex

Daniel’s Bonded on a clear cube.  A chewy honey barbecue vibe from it tonight.  Very, lip-smackin’!!!!😋

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Daniel’s Bonded on a clear cube.  A chewy honey barbecue vibe from it tonight.  Very, lip-smackin’!!!!😋

I gotta try this and the rye.  The price is right.  Not, sure what I am waiting for!

EC NAS while waiting for the Pacers-Celtics game.  Not a huge NBA fan but I enjoy watching the Pacers and the Fever. 

All this talk of Calumet lately reminded me it has been awhile, Calumet 16 in the glass.

• I like it 3

A pour of wilderness trail this evening. 

• I like it 1

Blanton’s tonight. Been a while.🤗

• I like it 4

After our first sunny day of 2024 with temps hitting over 90, back to hand-mowing the lawn after SWMBO's retirement, and setting up to cook steaks on the new Napoleon Rogue 425XT w/infrared "sizzle" side burner (that I assembled all by myself, BTW), a DOUBLE Yeti of Freezer FRYL!  Absolutely delish.  😋

• I like it 8

I’m having a healthy pour of WTRB b3 to celebrate the arrival of a new “deer” friend this morning.  
Mom returned about 1030 when her fawn started bleating.  

Attachment.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

I’m having a healthy pour of WTRB b3 to celebrate the arrival of a new “deer” friend this morning.  
Mom returned about 1030 when her fawn started bleating.  

Attachment.jpeg

The little thing is probably thinking "you can't see me I'm hiding"

• I like it 1

had a small pour of my CNE barrel of WTKS. It has improved since I first cracked it open. The white pepper finish it first had, has mostly faded and I'm now enjoying this bottle. I will also say the rebel port cask finish has tamed down some after being g open about a week. Still not wild about the finish, but it is getting better with some air.

• I like it 2

I’m having a second pour tonight.  I was in the basement bar and the VOB 100 called to me.

• I like it 2

I'm on travel and there was a total wine near the hotel, so I picked up a bottle to crack open...

17164341252861192933830690555232.jpg

• I like it 4

Yesterday I went to my bunker and pulled out FR Small Batch.

• I like it 3

I’m having one of the best WTKS I’ve had off the shelf in years. My memory is not the greatest, but I don’t think I’ve had a single barrel from this warehouse. Damn good.  
IMG_7469.thumb.jpeg.6c5668e5a78537227b71e19367bf1157.jpeg

• I like it 7

pour 1 was EC toasted

pour 2 is the end of a Wilderness Trail 6yr I've open for a long time.

OF 1910, Doc Swinson, EC SiB. YUM

• I like it 1

Some 4R SBBP to kick off the weekend!  

• I like it 2

starting off the weekend with a pour of plain ol' Woddford on an ice cube.

• I like it 2

Finished off a bottle of Baby Saz.  Opened my wife's bottle of 1792 since it was sitting on the counter.  😀

• I like it 4

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Opened my wife's bottle of 1792 since it was sitting on the counter.  😀

I mean, you were just doing her a favor, right?  Those cork tops can be difficult for the ladies to open so she would have asked you for help anyway.

• I like it 2

Just now, Kepler said:

I mean, you were just doing her a favor, right?  Those cork tops can be difficult for the ladies to open so she would have asked you for help anyway.

She did notice that it had been opened.  I immediately admitted to the transgression.  I told her and it is the truth that it has been a long time since I have had standard 1792.  It was an evaluation to assure it is fit for consumption by a family member.  😀

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

She did notice that it had been opened.  I immediately admitted to the transgression.  I told her and it is the truth that it has been a long time since I have had standard 1792.  It was an evaluation to assure it is fit for consumption by a family member.  😀

Way to 'take one for the team' 😄

• I like it 1

Just now, Kepler said:

Way to 'take one for the team' 😄

I would have probably thrived as an alcohol tester for kings in medieval times. Or maybe not.  😀

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

I would have probably thrived as an alcohol tester for kings in medieval times. Or maybe not.  😀

Thrived until someone gave you something that wouldn't pass the BiB test anyway! 

• I like it 1