+2 !

• I like it 1

Sipping on a BT-SP tonight.  

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Sipping on a BT-SP tonight.  

Not a screw cap so it doesn't count. 😮

• I like it 2

I didn't have a screw cap either.  Crap!  A biggly pour of WFE, followed by HH 7yr BIB while watching the Pacers-Knicks game.  Should I have another wee bitty pour or just bitch about the officiating or both?  😮

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I didn't have a screw cap either.  Crap!  A biggly pour of WFE, followed by HH 7yr BIB while watching the Pacers-Knicks game.  Should I have another wee bitty pour or just bitch about the officiating or both?  😮

Yes.

• I like it 1

On 5/7/2024 at 6:16 PM, GeeTen said:

It was finally sunny and HOT (over 90 degrees) today in New England - a perfect day for the first Freezer Bourbon of the Year!  😋

[Harry deleted pic just because . . .]

P.S. - The new deck umbrella is also up - a new Four Roses black one.  Now all I need is a step stool to be able to unfold it and insert the pin to hold it open.  I don't think even Brent could do it without a ladder . . . .  🤪

That 4RYL is mouthwatering.  I put one of the several I picked up on sale last week in the freezer.  Any day now . . ,.  RE: umbrellas - took out a new one for the deck.  SOMEthing ate the braided cotton line used to raise the umbrella skirt during the TWO years it was in the garage.  No relatives came last year so I never put it up. Going to replace the old cotton line with some nylon clothes line I have left over from restringing pontoon boat bumpers.  Shouldn't take more than a week to get it right.  Better take that 4R with me when I start the job.😋  And maybe a cot.:o

A good thing about Summer is - 80 proofers with some ice fit right in to the cooling process after several hours of yardwork.

• I like it 4

4RSmBSelect while winding down from a hellacious day at the plastic factory, before Friday.  I earned my money today, I tell ya.  Sun is slippin’ down below the pines, and this whiskey on a big clear cube is so chill…

IMG_5162.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 5/5/2024 at 2:54 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Always wanted to try this one.  

I've never seen it at a bar to try, but it was on sale. 😉

20240505_144256.jpg

What did ya think?  I've tried a couple UN products and liked some more than others, but didn't hate/spit out any.

More cork problems tonight.  In this case, the cork keeps falling out of the bottle causing bourbon to spill into my glass.

image000000.jpg

• I like it 12

34 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

More cork problems tonight.  In this case, the cork keeps falling out of the bottle causing bourbon to spill into my glass.

image000000.jpg

I hate it when that happens.  No wait!

MM up for the evening.

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, GaryT said:

What did ya think?  I've tried a couple UN products and liked some more than others, but didn't hate/spit out any.

The jury is still out.

The initial pour was okay, but I wasn't overly impressed.  Palates change, so I'll revisit this one down the road.

• I like it 1

OGD BiB in the glass...

20240509_200438.jpg

• I like it 3

37 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

OGD BiB in the glass...

20240509_200438.jpg

Your glencairn looks like a dunk tank.  Is that Will Rogers?  A boozy take on "Elf on a Shelf." 

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Your glencairn looks like a dunk tank.  Is that Will Rogers?  A boozy take on "Elf on a Shelf." 

😂

Yeah...it kinda does look like a dunk tank!

• I like it 1

Earlier this afternoon after I was done with work I had a Mellow Corn (from the freezer) & ginger ale on this hot and humid day.  It hit the spot.

Tonight I'm sipping neat at room temp like I normally do, OFBB '17 in my glencairn.  This is a nifty little bourbon that I am quite enjoying.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Is that Will Rogers?  A boozy take on "Elf on a Shelf." 

I have a lot in common with Will Rogers.  We were both born in Oklahoma.  He never met a man he didn't like.  And I've never met a whiskey I didn't like.  The similarities are eerie.

• I like it 6

A couple of pours of ET BIB  tonight.

• I like it 1

Thursday was EC SiB store pick ( I helped pick), WT101 and a finale of New Riff while watching the Rome open. A good day was had.....

• I like it 1

Calumet 14 year..

20240510_174226.jpg

• I like it 4

Revisiting the Uncle Remus 1856.

I'm liking it a lot more than the first time around...

20240510_192245.jpg

• I like it 1

Coopers' Craft 100

20240510_203033.jpg

• I like it 3

Doing a sbs with my 2 favorites from 2023. Dang, these are phenomenal. The slight oak bitterness of the ECBP pushes RR13 to the top, but I'm splitting hairs here. They're both big, complex, layered, smile inducing bourbons. 

IMG_6530.jpeg

• I like it 6

....and finishing up with KC15...

20240510_220506.jpg

• I like it 5

17 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Doing a sbs with my 2 favorites from 2023. Dang, these are phenomenal. The slight oak bitterness of the ECBP pushes RR13 to the top, but I'm splitting hairs here. They're both big, complex, layered, smile inducing bourbons. 

IMG_6530.jpeg

I was finally able to sample the ECBP C923 recently (not my own bottle).  I agree with the hype around that one; it's excellent. 

I'm with you though -- I'd still rather drink RR13.  It's just in my wheelhouse.  Nearly a perfect bourbon for my tastes.

• I like it 1

Having some EW B.I.B. tonight.