Chi-Town!

test driven

Evening, all:

I’m going back to Chicago next month and will have some time to bourbon hunt, as well as visit a few distilleries. I know Binny’s and Koval are must-sees. Without disclosing honey hole secrets, are there spots I need to add to my list, that may not be obvious?

Cheers, y’all!!!!

Belmont and Narragansett has a binnys and a Richs foods, I've maybe had more luck with the Richs.

19 hours ago, test driven said:

Evening, all:

I’m going back to Chicago next month and will have some time to bourbon hunt, as well as visit a few distilleries. I know Binny’s and Koval are must-sees. Without disclosing honey hole secrets, are there spots I need to add to my list, that may not be obvious?

Cheers, y’all!!!!

I'm not a regular in Chicago, but I know we have some Illinois members here on SB.

You've already identified Binny's as a must see stop, so that's a good start.

I might add ... I just know about Delilah's bar, historically one of the top rated whiskey bars in the country.  I haven't been in years, but I remember having a pour of  Booker's 25th Anniversary there many years ago.  Very memorable.  Worth a visit if you have time to stop for a few pours.   Good luck.

The only retail store with which I'm familiar is, actually, in Skokie, just north of Chicago. It's at the end of the CTA "Yellow Line"  (formerly, the Skokie Swift). At the "Dempster" stop, there was a store called "Gold Stadnard Liquors." It's where I got all my stuff out there.   Not sure if it's still there (been over 35 years), but I do recall it.

If you go to Binny's, sign up for their rewards program or whatever they call it before you buy anything.  You enter your phone number at check out time to get the sale price on items.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:28 PM, b1gcountry said:

Belmont and Narragansett has a binnys and a Richs foods, I've maybe had more luck with the Richs.

Def gonna check out both. 👍🏼👍🏼

On 5/4/2024 at 6:35 PM, Kepler said:

I'm not a regular in Chicago, but I know we have some Illinois members here on SB.

You've already identified Binny's as a must see stop, so that's a good start.

I might add ... I just know about Delilah's bar, historically one of the top rated whiskey bars in the country.  I haven't been in years, but I remember having a pour of  Booker's 25th Anniversary there many years ago.  Very memorable.  Worth a visit if you have time to stop for a few pours.   Good luck.

My buddy, who’s a Bears fan and travels to Chicago a lot, recommended Delilah’s as well. Thanks. 

On 5/4/2024 at 7:13 PM, aquavite said:

The only retail store with which I'm familiar is, actually, in Skokie, just north of Chicago. It's at the end of the CTA "Yellow Line"  (formerly, the Skokie Swift). At the "Dempster" stop, there was a store called "Gold Stadnard Liquors." It's where I got all my stuff out there.   Not sure if it's still there (been over 35 years), but I do recall it.

The Google machine says GSL was acquired by Binny’s in 1999. 🙂

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

If you go to Binny's, sign up for their rewards program or whatever they call it before you buy anything.  You enter your phone number at check out time to get the sale price on items.

Will do! Thanks. 

• I like it 1