Time to update the "Four Roses 10 recipes"...

ThirstyinOhio

Now that Four Roses has announced 10 more recipes, we need to update that pinned post.  I look forward to trying these new recipes but not looking forward to trying to track them all down.  I hope they release a new 10 recipe "taster" set like they did last year.  

• I like it 1

Posted (edited)

I would just be happy with a return of the reasonably aged and priced barrel proofs of the original 10 recipes.  This seems like a scenario for more allocated higher price bourbon.  Stop ripping off the little man.  We want to buy and enjoy your bourbon at a reasonable price.  We kept you afloat when you were struggling and now you are taking advantage of the bourbon boom and making us look elsewhere.  The taters will toss you aside when the bourbon boom ends and we will be long gone because you priced us out of your product.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Four roses has played the market considerably less than most of the big producers.

^^^ This. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately I stocked up back in the 55.00 days when SBBPs were popping up like mushrooms at what seemed like every LS in town. The current ask is too rich for me as ECBP shows up at 75 and while no longer a hard 12, still overlaps my preferred 4R sweet spot of 10.5 yrs. Dickle bib is double digit age and 40-45, while not BP, 100p works just fine for me. KC bottles come in below the 4R ask as does WTRR. Given the boom scenario of the last 10-12 yrs it’s no wonder their prices increased,  but IMO they have outpaced some (not all) of their competitors and 75.00 would have kept me in the game but the current 100+, no, thank you, I have moved on, I’m certain they don’t care or mind.

• I like it 1

Posted (edited)

I'm still drinking off the stash of BP private picks I acquired before the price got ridiculous.  I have passed on the last few picks I've come across at $90ish.

Among their current products I feel the SmB Select is one of the better values out there and compares well to RRSiB.  The standard 4RSiB is still a pretty good value too.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

Frankly, I think ten recipes is too many to keep track of.  Doubling that will appeal to the "gotta collect 'em all" crowd, most likely.

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm still drinking off the stash of BP private picks I acquired before the price got ridiculous.  I have passed on the last few picks I've come across at $90ish.

Among their current products I feel the SmB Select is one of the better values out there and compares well to RRSiB.  The standard 4RSiB is still a pretty good value too.

I agree the standard lineup is priced reasonably as the Smb and SB haven’t moved much over the years and I certainly hope it stays that way. SBBP however lives in its own orbit and that’s the one I no longer bother to look at.

• I like it 1