Weller Antique 107???

JT3NSB

I see sporadic things on social, but I am curious. When was the last time any of you found Weller antique in the wild, particularly at retail?  I can find special reserve or even Weller 12 occasionally, but haven’t seen antique 107 in a bit.   🤷🏽 

Once a month if you get there early enough. Retail is $59-$79 now at least in my area. Rarely if ever on the shelf but only on these once a month allocation release  days. I saw a private selection last week coming back from lynchburg. Got excited until they said $149 but you also had to buy a 1792 store pick. Hard pass. 
Had a friend do a barrel pick last year so i got a couple to bunker. I won one last week from the Florida ABC.. at $26.99! I know others see it quite often but i’ll let them tell on themselves if theyd like. 

16 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

I see sporadic things on social, but I am curious. When was the last time any of you found Weller antique in the wild, particularly at retail?  I can find special reserve or even Weller 12 occasionally, but haven’t seen antique 107 in a bit.   🤷🏽 

Allocated in my area. (Indy).  I haven't seen one on the shelf in over 10 years.  Same with WSR and WL12.  Here one day, gone the next.

@FasterHorses so it’s still for sale somewhere?   I hadn’t seen it anywhere in a long time even on the allocated situations.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

@FasterHorses so it’s still for sale somewhere?   I hadn’t seen it anywhere in a long time even on the allocated situations.

Yessir. 

Edited by FasterHorses

20 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Yessir. 

Crap, now there will be a major road trip down I-65 by everyone north of Nashville.

• I like it 1

Ohio is the only place I've seen one in years. I don't even see it at stupid prices like I used to.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

About 2 cases of "regular" (as opposed to a L&K barrel pick) WA107 on a table during "HOLD Card Redemption Day" last Saturday - $69.99 OTD. Maybe four (4) six-packs of  "Regular" Blanton's @ $79.99 ea. OTD, too.  L&K barrel picks of WFP and a couple of other BT offerings, IIRC.  "Life is a zero-sum game" when living here in New England - tough weather, good supply of great whisk(e)y.   🥳

• I like it 1

Been over a decade since I saw OWA or W12 on a shelf at retail (or close to retail).  Usually found at allocated releases or in lotteries.  Or sitting on a shelf at a ridiculous price.

• I like it 1

Weller SR, I see it occasionally. Often enough that at least I don’t run out.

Weller 12, I bought one last year. My timing was right for a change. Other than that, I haven’t seen any in quite a while.

Weller Antique, I saw a fairly overpriced one, two or three years ago. I didn’t buy it, but probably should have. Aside from that, It’s been MIA for ages. I tried ordering one online recently, but had “issues” trying to checkout. Long story. 😠 Here, hold this for me. 🖕 I do have to mention one more thing concerning Weller Antique. When I retired in September of 2021, a very gracious member here sent me a Weller Antique ps as a retirement gift. It was excellent! I nursed that puppy for a long, long time. Thank you sir.🙏🙏🙏

• I like it 2

I had stopped seeing it the last couple years of the light brown label.  I've never seen the red (current) label version in person, only photos.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

I had stopped seeing it the last couple years of the light brown label.  I've never seen the red (current) label version in person, only photos.

You never saw the clear label one either? 

• I like it 1

I travel a bit and hadn’t run into it anywhere in 2 yrs I think.. 🤔 

• I like it 1

I haven't seen it on a shelf in over 8 years. Finished my last bottle two nights ago. 

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You never saw the clear label one either? 

That's what I was talking about, not the paper label 7 year anchor bottle (that was way before).  The last ones I saw were no age stated and the same sort of bottle VOB still uses - the pattern they used before what they use now.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

That's what I was talking about, not the paper label 7 year anchor bottle (that was way before).  The last ones I saw were no age stated and the same sort of bottle VOB still uses - the pattern they used before what they use now.

Here’s a couple of old clear label bottles I had. Notice the ps Weller 12 is an embossed wheat. The ps Weller Antique  is the gifted bottle I mentioned up thread. Last year, I used my last old paper label OWA 7 107 for my 2023 Weller Blend. FWIW, I have a few bottles stored elsewhere. Among them are a couple of old embossed wheat ps Weller 12’s, and an old Gold Veined OWA

IMG_4626.thumb.jpeg.bbfba80364cde06e1728cc0e7cb6147d.jpeg

• I like it 2

Here’s the bottles I used a little over a year ago for my 2023 Weller Blend.l

IMG_6676.jpeg.348e8e3103dcaca918eed2e23115fc05.jpeg

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Here’s the bottles I used a little over a year ago for my 2023 Weller Blend.l

IMG_6676.jpeg.348e8e3103dcaca918eed2e23115fc05.jpeg

Where's the Weller 14yr Centennial bottle, huh, huh?  🥰

• I like it 2

OWA is around but never on shelves.  It's the ultimate tater bait bottle.  I think most stores save it to keep those hunter types satisfied (you know the type; they go by the store almost every day).  I'm fine letting them concentrate on that bottle while I get a phone call for something nicer.  Bigger fish to fry.

• I like it 2

56 minutes ago, Kepler said:

OWA is around but never on shelves.  It's the ultimate tater bait bottle.  I think most stores save it to keep those hunter types satisfied (you know the type; they go by the store almost every day).  I'm fine letting them concentrate on that bottle while I get a phone call for something nicer.  Bigger fish to fry.

So true.  I would put Blanton's in that category.  It's is generally good and I will pick one up if on the shelf at a decent price.  But, I certainly wouldn't go hunting it and definitely not at the prices some of these bottles go for.

• I like it 3

When I seriously started this hobby, OWA 7 year was the same price as the standard version of Maker's Mark (there was only the one version of MM back then).  If I went to the better stores, they had OWA on the shelf about half of the time - so I might buy a couple.  Kahn's was an early participant in selecting single barrels.  You'd go there some times and the shelves were full of 750ml and 1.75L with the little extra sticker.  They got a deal price buying a whole barrel - and passed the savings on to their customers by knocking a buck or two off the regular price.  😉 

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Where's the Weller 14yr Centennial bottle, huh, huh?  🥰

IMG_4647.thumb.jpeg.0567a317ee1fa70118ad32d29a6459d2.jpeg

• I like it 5

A nearby LS has it.   $219.00 🤣

21 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

A nearby LS has it.   $219.00 🤣

And yet someone’s gonna buy it..   ugh..

• I like it 1

Haven’t seen any in 5-7 years or more