The Book

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just out of curiousity, what are your plans on distribution and

marketing? I'm guessing that you'll get book reviews in the

whisk(e)y press, which is essentially free advertizing to your

most likely customers.

Are you looking to have 'em stock it at Sam's?

Bardstown-area bookstores? Distillery gift shops? Amazon.com?

Have you designed posters, flyers, etc.?

Just curious!

Tim Dellinger

A lot of that is still in progress. Sam's and Binny's are possibilities if they're interested. Obviously, they aren't bookstores and though they sell books, it's a very low priority for them, but I will talk to them. I am trying to get into bookstores in Kentucky. It probably will be in some or all of the distillery gift shops. The Kentucky Distillers Association already has it up on their website.

I don't want to reveal what I may have lined up with the mags. I have a few review copies out. Have done some direct mail, will do more. No posters.

Probably will have it on Amazon, but I'm not there yet.

Worked on my holiday specials today. Stay tuned!

• 1 month later...

Received Bourbon,Straight yesterday after ordering online through Made and Bottled in Ky. Very quick delivery. Excellent book:perfect textbook for those of us new to Bourbon. Wish I'd known of it before the Bourbon Fest and visits to the gazebo. Read about half of it last night and have recommended it to others today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally finished my copy last night.. Chuck, thank you for a wonderful, insightful and entertaining look at the Bourbon industry. I particularly enjoyed reading your tasting notes on some of my favourite bourbons laugh.gif

I reread my copy of Bourbon,Straight in the last 2 days, it's going to be on loan for a little bit. There is a thing on P.37 about Stagg, HazMat and the TSA. I missed it the first time I read it, it is all based on fact, involving our own Barrel_Proof and a visit he made to see us and BettyeJo, almost a year ago precisely.

Furlongs,Bourbon and the TSA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.