A Melding Experiment

gr8erdane
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recently, I decided to try my hand at melding the taste of bourbon into a cigar. I had a box of not-so-good-not-so-bad off brand La Condesa cigars that I had put into a jar humidor and had been occasionally checking the humidity and moistening the humidifier on the lid. A week or two ago I decided to use bourbon on the humidifier and so saturated it with some of my ORVW 10/90. I will continue to do so over the next few months prior to BF. If it works out, I will bring a supply with me. After a week or two, the aroma is definitely bourbon. I'll try tasting one this coming week and every couple of weeks thereafter to see if there is any marked change.

Great idea Dane! I have thought about something along those same lines, so I am very interested in your results toast.gifbandit.gif

I found this picture not long ago. It was taken at the Gazebo, after the Sampler. Somehow, I overlooked it and it didn't get posted....

Sooooooo...our smokin' dudes grin.gif Dane and Jeff grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489811559929_thumb.jpg

In my defense, this was taken after the Sampler and a couple more rounds at the Gazebo lol.gif Were we across the street looking at the still?

I think this is before we went to the still. There isn't very much ash on the La Perla yet and I smoked the majority of it while we were across the street. Still, doesn't the picture remind you of two little children on Christmas morning captivated by a new toy? lol.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.