2004 Eagle Rare 17yo information

Paradox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Info from Buffalo Trace about this years Eagle Rare 17.

<font color="blue"> The Eagle Rare 17 year old barrels were distilled April of 1987. Since then they’ve been aging in Warehouses I and H on floors 5/6 and 2/4 respectively. The samples I’ve tasted have that same fragrant nose and caramel taste it’s always had.

</font>

Thanks for this other information on ER17 And the Saz' too Mark. I know we all get excited about more Stagg, but I'm sure glad there will still be ER17 for another year yum.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Right this instant, I have a generous pour of Eagle Rare 17, 2002 bottling, in my glass and it is excellent indeed. I have only tried the 2001 bottling on the rocks (at the home of the friend I gave it to) and I enjoyed it, but there is no way to compare the two tastes. I just know it was great bourbon. My only bottle of the 2003 bottling will be opened in due course, but now that I realize what a truly underappreciated gem this 17 YO Eagle Rare really is, I'm going to make an effort to grab some bottles of the 2004 release (along with Stagg 2004, of course, God willing bowdown.gifbowdown.gif). There are still some bottles of the 2003 release to be had, with a road trip, but I'm thinking the 2004 release will allow bunkering up a little easier! grin.gif

We are so fortunate to be living in a time when great bourbon is so readily available. If I were rich, I would stock the mansion with cases and cases of Stagg (whatever releases were to be had), Hirsch 16 & 20, Van Winkle 15 and 20 and 23, Eagle Rare 17 (various releases), and Elijah Craig 18. And Sazerac 18 (various releases) and Van Winkle Family Reserve rye 13 YO. And then a bunch more, that I would be able to get by flying my Lear jet to Kentucky bowdown.gif. Wish my wife would buy a lucky lottery ticket. Cheers, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, I think I did some camera-wrestling with you for a while this morning. Finally conceded.

But, that's two down, Sazerac to go!

My boss/storeowner has made a special request directly to the liquor manager of our distributor to get me a 3-pack of each bottling, but I don't know if we're high enough on the totem pole business-wise. Time will tell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.