PARAFILM M - Perfect Sealant for Bourbon Transport

Barrel_Proof
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After reading Dave's engaging story about the transport of his bourbon across state lines to Arizona, I thought many of you would find it useful to know of this amazing product -- PARAFILM M.

It's a thermoplastic, self-sealing film that stretches and fills all nooks and crannies for excellent barrier protection to the contents of vials, tubes, flasks, and . . . yes, bourbon bottles, flasks, and decanters!!!

It's been used in the industrial, scientific, and medical communities for years, but, because this waxy self-sealing film stretches nearly 200% at 70 degrees F., it is perfect for sealing corked bourbons for transport. Even if the cork breaches, you won't lose any bourbon. I learned about it from an eBay seller who worked in a hospital laboratory and was selling off the family spirits collection.

PARAFILM M is the one and only product that absolutely assures no loss of bourbon from the mouth of a bottle or decanter during transport.

A few of you Gazebo veterans may find this picture of PARAFILM M in use rather amusing!

post-207-14489811602228_thumb.jpg

This is a BRILLIANT idea! I use this stuff at work all the time (I work in a lab) and I can attest that it would make an excellent sealant for bourbon transport.

The best price I have found for PARAFILM M is at Cynmar, which doesn't gouge on shipping charges like most laboratory supply companies. I am giving some thought to sealing all my old corked bottles in the bunker, to reduce the evaporation.

post-207-14489811602337_thumb.jpg

hmm... I notice the picture is of that film on something similar to your favorite tasting glass... grin.gif

-Chris

As a lab guy, I've been sealing stuff with Parafilm for years (30) Its the duct tape of the lab world. Can't live without it. The logo and the dispenser haven't changed an iota. Great suggestion!!!

bowdown.gif

• 4 months later...

Though I've been accused of last minute planning before, not this time! I just purchased a 4" by 125' roll of Parafilm M to seal my old bottles and decanters in anticipation of a relocation of the Barrel_Proof bunker!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.