Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think it is all the same 100 proof, i.e., bonded whiskey and shown as such. Where was it that a list member bought some in Niagara Falls? I'll be there over the weekend and may pick some up.

Gary

Can't begin to tell you what the address was. It was on the way to the outlet stores that the wife wanted to go to. I just happened to see it on the way.

I hope to find a bottle or 2 in New Zealand next week (fingers crossed) The Heaven Hill NZ www site only lists the 80 proof version, not the BIB. Am I correct in assuming there are two versions, and not an 80 proof that has been rebottled at 100 proof?

The bottle I picked up at Sam's was a 100 proof BIB. You'll hardly believe it's 100 proof when you drink it. drink.gifyum.giffalling.gif

It's a great "go-to" after having a pour of something irreplaceable. Gotta make that Hirsch 16/Stagg/Ardbeg '77 last!

Cameron,

We produce a 80 proof "and" a 100 proof Rittenhouse Rye grin.gif

Bettye Jo

Cameron,

We produce a 80 proof "and" a 100 proof Rittenhouse Rye

Thanks Bettye Jo grin.gifthankyousign.gif

Any places in Manhattan stock this? As much as I'd like to head to LeNell's when I'm in town on Thursday, I'm not going to have any time.

Park Avenue Liquors might have some Rittenhouse, though I think they may be the most overpriced liquor store in the country. And they're not even located on Park Avenue!

Looks like we got a good stash of this stuff in NYC now. I was hoping to make it to the Festival and bring a passle for folks looking for it, but at the rate my schedule is going now, I ain't gonna have enough help to leave the store for a vacation. Sucks.

The lovely people at Heaven Hill New Zealand put me onto a retailer in the South Island - they have a bottle of 80 proof on hold for me when we are there next week woohoo.gif

Whatever happened to the good ol' GONE FISHIN' sign in the window? You and Ben need a break! Just pack up all your bourbons and ryes and bring em to sell so that you can still have some revenue. Call it a house call! Dr LeNell, Medicine Woman....

I've never seen the 80 proof one. We've got the BIB 100 which is so *#%*'ing amazing for the price.

Dane, thanks for the encouragement. Ben keeps telling me that we should just do the old fashioned thing and close shop. Being a start-up though, it's awfully hard. Darn, you are prolly right, though. I could prolly sell more Rittenhouse in Bardstown in a weekend than here for a year. But then the state liquor folks would prolly follow me and lock me up for selling such volume without a license. lol.giftongue.gif

• 1 month later...

Yes indeed the Rittenhouse BIB is amazing. I'm coming in Sunday to pick up another bottle from you Lenell!

Along with another VOB 6 year old (does that come in 100 Proof?) which I just finished off. Of course I doubt I will escape with just those two.

Looking forward to Bourbon Fest in Redhook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.