Old Stagg

jace33
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Who would I ask if I could use online sites for Boubon buying,as in legal or not? Is not the seller responceable for State Laws regarding liqor sales?

All this talk about Old Stagg is peeking my currosity plus I would also like to find Booker's Reserve and come pare these it seems that I'm ready for higher proofs,many of my bourbons do not burn mt taste buds like they use to ie. Makers,Basil Hayden,Woodford's,etc,. drink.gifdrink.gif

Generally speaking, retailers will not ship into a state that prohibits it so, yes, the retailers to know the law. If it is illegal in your jurisdiction and they ship to you anyway, they are skirting if not breaking the law. It is a violation to sell. I don't believe it is a violation to buy unless you are underage.

See here for a state-by-state summary of wine-shipment laws, which also generally apply to all liquor:

http://www.wineinstitute.org/shipwine/analysis/intro_analysis.htm

And, it sometimes, at least, IS also illegal for the recipient. In TN, for instance, it is. But, then, in TN, it's also illegal even to transport WITHIN the state any beer/alcohol over 5 gallons without a distributor's license or other special-event permit, even home from the liquor store.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.