Shipping Containers?

troyce
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone know of a source for good shipping boxes or containers for the bordeaux style bourbon bottles,(i.e. Stagg bottles). Looking for 6 or 12 bottles sizes.

UPS Stores won't ship alcohol so I'm looking to do it myself. Any info or suggestions appreciated.

thanks

I've had stagg-sized bottles shipped by Binny's in a three-bottle egg-carton type shell without trouble. I don't know where you can get them, though, other than placing an order with Binny's and reusing them. I also don't know if they have something better for larger quantities, since I've never ordered more than three bottles at a time from them.

Perhaps a PM to Ken Weber in regard to packaging the elegantly (but unusually) tall George T. Stagg bottles would yield helpful information.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

These Spirited Shipper boxes are the best shippers, by far, that I have ever come across, especially for a 12 bottle case. Furthermore, they can be reused. The bottom section of styro shippers usually turns to worthless popcorn after a single shipment. Each bottle has a separate section, with a false bottom, so even if the box is dropped, the bottles are well cushioned.

post-207-14489811734502_thumb.jpg

Cliff,

Do the Spirited Shipper boxes, which appear to come in two models (normal and "magnum"), readily accomodate both the GTS/ERSB (i.e. tall) bottles and the squat chubby ones (e.g., Blantons, ORVW, etc.)?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I received two bottles of Stagg in one of these six bottle styled containers and they fit perfectly. I liked it much better than the eggcarton containers I got from Binnys in that there was a much more rigidity to the box with all the extra cardboard that fix snugly against each other. It gave it an almost armored feeling.

The regular cartons accommodate bottles up to 3 5/8" in diameter and 15 1/2" tall. The magnum cartons take bottles up to 5" in diameter and 16" tall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.