jim beam blue

chrissc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a friend who swears that Jim Beam makes a Blue lable that sells for around $200 a bottle. I have searched everywhere and can not find anything at all relating to Jim Beam Blue. Anyone out there ever heard of it?

I wonder if somebody badly overpaid for one of the University of Kentucky commemorative bottles. They feature UK blue on the label.

Or else, he's confusing Jim Beam with Johnny Walker [not much of a whisk(e)y aficianado, then!], which DOES have a blue label version that sells for about $200 a bottle.

My guess is that he is confusing Jim Beam with Johnny Walker. Johnny Walker has a blue label blended scotch that sells for $150 - $200 per bottle.

Jim Beam made a "Distiller's Masterpiece" bourbon which also was in that price range.

It is doubtful that either of these two items are worth the price tag, although I have not tried them.

FYI: JW Blue can be had for $90 on St. Maarten. I left it on the shelf!

Seeing as how I could get Pappy 20yr for less than that, or two bottles of RHF or Blanton's, I can understand why you left it!

Seeing as how I could get Pappy 20yr for less than that, or two bottles of RHF or Blanton's, I can understand why you left it!

At Narita duty free, JW Blue will set you back $135, but a cute little 200 ml will be thrown in for good measure! (That's four extra pours -- in South Carolina!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.