Van Winkle Line

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've actually got the exact add cut out of one of my Whiskey magazines and framed to go behind the bar at home crazy.gif

Another very nice picture is the product lineup one at the back of the But Always Fine Bourbon book...but I'm bot about to cut that one out blush.gif

Chuck:

One addition to our line is the 23-year Pappy, which we don't choose to promote because we have so little to sell. Although, maybe I'll bring a bottle to WhiskyFest in Chicago & keep it under the table. It will be available again in mid-December.

Julian

post-7-1448981180012_thumb.jpg

Hi There,

I haven't seen any of your line here in Japan. I keep reading about it though and would really like a taste. Do you sell it here? I will keep looking whether you do or not. Things do show up on the shelves that "shouldn't" be there.

Ed

Nice pictures, by the way.

BT bottling line cam shows Pappy 23 is rolling off the line. I thought they came in the little black bags though. They are just wrapping them in tissue like the Pappy 15 or 20 I have bought lately.

Some time ago Julian said he only had 1 barrel of 23 to bottle this year, and all of that is earmarked for resturants/ bars. I believe he has a considerable number of barrels coming up the following year, If memory serves me. toast.gif

I had to chase it down, What Julian said......... The good thing is we are closer to the 40 barrels being bottled!

My Pappy 15s are green, not black. The 23s are black. I guess it could be that my screen colors are off a bit though and it could be green...

We bottled 15-year Pappy this week along with some 12-year. No 23-year will be bottled until at least December 7th when some barrels become 23-years old. Our 15-year has a black capsule & the 23-year has gold wax. We have no green capsules.

Julian

Dane, my 23s are gold wax -- you might want to check yours again. If they're black, you might have a mold problem, and will want to drink them up quick smile.gif.

I stand corrected then, as we have no better source. Guess I need that new pair of glasses sooner than later. bigeyes.gif

So, is $81.99 (plus tax, of course) a good price for Pappy 20 year old? I suspect it is.

Now I just need to work up the fiscal courage to buy it before the sale ends.

We pay a LOT more than that Downunder for the 12 & 15yo, so from our point of view - that is an excellent price. I'm not sure how it stacks up against other US retail prices, but it's certainly cheaper than the online US prices I've seen grin.gif

So, is $81.99 (plus tax, of course) a good price for Pappy 20 year old? I suspect it is.

I paid about $88 for mine, so that's a pretty good sale but not something that you have to get too upset about if you miss.

I've still yet to crack mine open. Waiting for a good occasion.

The last one I bought in Kentucky cost $75 including tax. In Indiana they get over $100. Unless you're going to Kentucky soon I'd say the $81 is a good price. It is worth the money...

My 2 bottles bought 6 months apart were both $77. Sometimes my store has good deals and sometimes, not so much. It is kinda fun watching the part time college student clerks when they ring up a bottle off this. First they check it to make sure the didn't make a mistake and then you can tell that they all think I'm getting ripped off, especially when you can get the good stuff, Jack Daniels, for under $20.

Now I just need to work up the fiscal courage to buy it before the sale ends.

Well, that didn't take long for me to do! grin.gif

I'm now the proud owner of a nice red velvet bag. Oh, and the bottle of exquisite whiskey inside the bag!

That's excellent news...

Whilst I can't afford the local US$310 asking price for the 20yo, the red velvet bag (and of course the whiskey) is definately a temptation grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.