HISTORY AND WHERE DID THEY GO....

CABIN
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'M REALLY GRASPING FOR AN ANSWER REGARDING CABIN STILL DISTILLERY.

CABIN STILL DISTILLERY WAS LOCATED IN LOUISVILLE, KY IN THE EARLY '70S. IT WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1849

CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE SOME INFORMATION WHICH MIGHT LEAD ME TO THE DISPOSITION OF THIS COMPANY? I HAVE SEARCHED THE INTERNET FOR ANY CLUE AND HAVE FOUND NONE. MAYBE IT WAS PURCHASED BY ANOTHER DISTILLER? PERHAPS YOU MIGHT KNOW WHERE I CAN LOOK FOR INFO.

IN ADDITION, I WOULD APPRECIATE KNOWING WHICH CURRENT AVAILABLE PRODUCT WOULD RESEMBLE THE OLD CABIN STILL SOUR MASH. MANY THANKS

It was Stitzel Weller, and I think under the VanWinkles watch it was a 5 year Bourbon of the Old Fitz mashbill,and was favored by sportsmen. It is at Heaven Hill now, I think firmly in the Cat and Dog bin and I also wonder if it's wheated hertitage is long gone as well, that would have been a good question had I thought of it on Tuesday.

It's been a long time since anyone posted in all Caps, now who was that?????????????

Welcome to the forums toast.gif

In the wheated catagory which Cabin Still used to be in, Rebel Yell, Wellers Reserve, Old Fitzgerald, David Nicholson and Old Fitz 1849 are its' former siblings. VanWinkle Bourbons and Makers Mark are also wheated bourbon.

Boy, Cabin Still is a product I had just about forgotten. This photo of a mini is from a Japanese web site. You'll notice it says "Weller's Cabin Still."

post-5-14489811803657_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO. THE CAPS ARE EASIER FOR ME WITH POOR EYE SIGHT AND ARTHRITIS IN MY FINGERS.

THANKS AGAIN.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.