10yr Eagle Rare Single barrel

Creggor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I received a fact sheet about Buffalo Trace being awarded Distillery of the Year. In this info they show a bottle of 10ye Eagle Rare Single Barrel. Has anyone tried this product. I did not notice it when in KY. last month. Any and all info is appreciated. Proof, price, and tasting notes. etc. Thanks in advance Creggorg

• 1 month later...

Hi Creggorg - Sitting here now with a snifter 2/3 full of Eagle Rare 10 year old Single Barrel. My taster tells me there are apricots and the taste of chocolate covered cherries and rich vanilla and other dried fruits - peach maybe. This bourbon is silky smooth and a pleasure to drink. The only help it will ever need is the warmth of the palm of your hand at the bottom of your snifter. This is one great bourbon and one in the top ten of my list. The finish is a little short but wait 10 or 20 seconds and the pepper comes through and the angels do a light dance on your tongue and at $26 this is a great buy.

It can be picked up at the Party Source, Cork & Bottle and Mr. G's in northern Ky.

From one bourbon lover to another - Marvin

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Marvin,

Welcome to the site. I agree with your notes on Eagle Rare. It is a very good bourbon that only needs to be warmed a little in your hand to release some of its more complex aromas and tastes.

Mike Veach

• 1 month later...

Veach:

"Welcome to the site. I agree with your notes on Eagle Rare. It is a very good bourbon that only needs to be warmed a little in your hand to release some of its more complex aromas and tastes."

Seconded (or thirded, I guess). One should note for those who've yet to try it that it is much drier than the regular Eagle Rare 101, and, curiously, even drier than the Eagle Rare 17 YO. In fact, beyond a toffee flavor which is hardly exclusive to Eagle Rare, it doesn't have much in common with the other Eagle Rare bottlings besides being tasty. Price is right, too.

Stotz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.