An Intimate Tasting at Buffalo Trace

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bill this ain't no whiskey! You take the over ripe peaches that have done fallen from the trees and load 'em on up into your pick up truck. Then you take your Buck knife and quarter 'em up into a fifty-five gallon drum.Add one pound of pure white sugar to each gallon and let 'er work for a week. Then you cook 'er off. Clean out the still and then cook 'er off again! Put the outcome into clean white jars.Give to friends or raffel off for a southern baptist curch raisin'. It's good for your soul. Amen!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

It ain't so bad for your tongue, neither, thankyouverymuch! Linn brought some of that last year. MMMMmmmmmm Good!

You wouldn't think peach moonshine would be appropriate for a bourbon festival, but it might surprise you to learn that it is. The course of history changes dramatically with just tiny little turns of "the path", and I believe this was one of those. Most people know that after the fall of Rum and the American revolution, Rye Whiskey was America's spirit. But that wasn't a unanimous decision; in many parts of the nation Peach Brandy was the liquor of choice. According to some radical models of history, had whiskey-based bourbon not displaced the peach brandy industry before they had a chance to learn about aging and charred oak barrels and such, we might today be talking about the Georgia/Carolina/Virginia Bourbon Festival and celebrating the peach crop from which it would have been made.

=John=

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Chuck...I also want it on the record that I am, in fact, just a "bourbon-head out for a good time."

Duly noted.

Heh-heh. We're all "bourbonheads out for a good time". I only meant we shouldn't limit ourselves to only that. You play in a band, so I know you understand what I mean. On a great night, everyone, including the band, is having a great time. But the audience can lose themselves in the moment, fall down, get up, laugh it off, and go on. Most people will have a better time if the band members don't do that, though wink.gif

=John=

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Damn Linn!

I hope I don't have I dream that I been drinkin that licker tonight. I don't think I could handle the hangover! A barrel of that stuff could sterilize most American waterways!

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Hi Linn,

You just reminded me of a old recipe that my Uncle Lawrence told me when I was about to be married. We liked to do a lot of fishin and caught a lot of Carp. Never caught anythin worth cookin cause most of the rods ended up in the river.Got so pissed that ever time I pulled the pole up it was a carp so I would just throw the pole in the river. I always brought about 10 or so poles extra. Never could do anythin with them except watch the flies accumulate.

Bourbon Carp;

Ya take the carp cut out the mud vein and filet them into thin strips. Soak the filets in bourbon along with a little salt and pepper. Place the carp on the hickory board and put it into a smoker basting it with bourbon and turning them every 1/2 hour for 24 hours. Ya know when they are dont because they have the golden color of amber.

How to serve;

Carefully remove the carp for the hickory board.

Throw away the carp and eat the board.

boone

Hello, This is killing me. A private tasting at Buffalo Trace, Elmer T. Lee himself Ken Weber special Bourbons 107 Proof Elmer T. Lee Bourbon. I have got to come. Just is I only have so much vacation time coming. This year is my 25th Wedding anniversary and I am taking some time off from work to drive to Wisconsin to celebrate with friends and family. This will take up the rest of my vacations days this year. I would hate to have to quit my job to be able to come to the Bourbon festivel, but I am almost tempted. It sounds like such a great time. Linn's peach Moonshine and all the others. I don't have anything real unusal in my collection just a selection of some of the finest known Bourbons available. I will advise at a later date if I attend. I do plan on stopping in KY. On my way back to FL. To try and meet John & Linda Lipman. John has been very nice and helpfull to me this past month. He gets a Tip Of The hat To You Sir. Thanks Creggor.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Shoot Jimbo half a pint will have you burnin' donuts in the parking lot in your bro's new 'vette! Needless to say you won't be wearing any pants!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Omar, thanks for working so hard to get a date that is agreeable. Both Jo and I shall plan to attend so please add our name to the list. Perhaps between now and then I can get my hands on an unusual bourbon. At any rate it will be nice to meet you and it is very nice of the Buffalo Trace people to arrange this. We can work out the details later regarding departure.

Greg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.