BOTM, 3/06: Baker's

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't know if we are suppose to stick strictly to bourbon but....but how about WT Rye??

• 1 month later...

I also think Baker's is the best of the Beam small batch bourbons.

• 11 months later...

Dredging up an old post here, hope that's nota faux pas.

After reading the recent post regarding Baker's taking the World Wiskies Award for World's Best Bourbon I decided I'd waited long enough to try it out. I'm a big Knob Creek fan so I've been meaning to try out both Bakers and Bookers (thankfully I read this thread and can scratch off BH from that list).

I find this to be a perfect stable-mate for Knob Creek. A little more brash as has been said but not so much it impedes the enjoyment of the whisky. I've only had one (large) pour from my newly opened bottle, but I'll definately be back to it quite often. Hell, I could do nothing but sit around and SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this bottle and be happy. Given the choice between this and Knob Creek it would still be a toss up depending on the situation and mood I was in, but dang I do like this stuff.

• 1 month later...

Count me as a minority that is not particularly impressed with this bourbon. The nose had an overwhelming rubbing alcohol nature to me that I just could not get over. I tried several different kinds of glasses (just in case that was the culprit) and it was always the same. Ice helped and made it drinkable, but I, for one, do not see what all the hub bub is all about.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!