Single-barrel pairings?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I'm certainly no cigar connoisseur; I tend to enjoy the milder smokes, and I generally enjoy pairing a glass of Blanton's with a Macanudo or my current favorite, the C.A.O. L'Anniversaire. Can anyone recommend a similarly mellow cigar to go with a good, round single-barrel bourbon?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Eric,

I've found that the Garcia & Vega Gran Premio is a supurb smoke for a machine made cigar, at four dollars for a three pack they are very affordable. I would rather spend my money on better bourbon than on very expensive cigars. However I do treat myself to a delicious Partagas X or Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva now and again.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 5 months later...

What about the humble La Unica? It's mild, it's fairly cheap and it's not full of filler. If memory serves me correctly, Fuente makes the brand. As such, it shares a similar flavor profile.

At one time, Don Yeyo in Las Vegas also used to make a pretty decent cheap cigar. In fact, at fifty bucks a bundle I would have pit it against most anything on the market. When the cigar craze hit, however, prices went through the roof. It broke my heart.

Does anyone else here remember when a Chateau Fuente used to be a seventy-five cent cigar? Damn yuppies...

• 1 year later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

That's easy!!! Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Signature. An outwardly mild smoke, but with true depth of character and a passionate flavor. I wish that I could write as well as an AF Hemmingway smokes => Thick; Rich, and Lucious. cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Bear with me on this late post...I enjoy fine cigars as much as (almost as much) as drinking great bourbon. The two together are just unbeatable, even better after a thick medium rare steak! Some time back, I enjoyed the mild smokes ie: Macanudo, Fonseca, etc.. I'm somewhat still fond of these, but I guess my palate can't appreciate them near as much anymore as a full-bodied smoke. I prefer a sweeter, more balanced bourbon (for me Woodford Reserve), and a powerful smoke ie: Cubans (when I've got them) or a Fuente Opus and the like. smirk.gif Life is grand, huh!? See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Hollywood... you can always choose one of the fairly potent Nicaraguan cigars around to apease your craving for a full-bodied cigar when you're in between Habanos.

P'Man, I'm with that! grin.gif I do have some Nicaraguan back-ups, as well as some Honduran stuff that hits the spot as well. These are plenty good enough, and I don't have to feel like I'm settling to much. Thanks for watching out after me! See ya, H'wood cool.gif

• 2 months later...

see my post about Evan Williams and the Opus #5. Also, try the 10 yr ld Eagle rare sb with an Ashton cabinet selection,any size. Thats a good match.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite all around stick with just about any bourbon I drink is the La Perla Habana maduro wrapped in the toro size if its mild to medium bodied. For the heavy bodied pour I prefer a Havana Sunrise in the robusto size.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.