Your regular/everyday pour

Nebraska
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Most of the time its $45 to $50 here, but I found it the other day for $39. So I picked it up, started to get 2 @ that price...

But the way my 101 barrel is coming along, it make become THE pour, for me.

Ken

What do you mean your 101 Barrel Ken?

As for an everyday, there is no such thing for me, but if there was it'd be WT101, ETL, or EW...

Wild Turkey 101, for me. I try as many different bourbons as I can get my hands on, but I always go back to WT101.

Tim

I agree, Tim. The WT101 has a great taste and, in PA, it's $19.99 a bottle.:)

Everyday pour would probably be Fighting Cock 103. I was worried I was the only one that would have it for a favorite everydayer because I have read some remarks about it in the past. It took a long time for me to try it due to the name but once I did it is one I always have on hand. Another is OGD 114, it just goes too fast! My 3rd always open is WT Rye 101.

Wild Turkey 101, for me. I try as many different bourbons as I can get my hands on, but I always go back to WT101.

Tim

Knob Creek instead of the WT 101, but the idea of tasting as much and as many new bottles as I can come across has become a dedicated part of my time and income.

I'll generally pour either Eagle Rare (in some form), Weller 12yo, or Elmer T. Lee. I have a lot more stuff open, but those are the ones I go back to most often. I'm starting to like Evan Williams SB the more I try it, so I'll probably add that to my "regular" line up. Contrary to others here, I don't really like WT 101. I got a 750ml bottle on sale for $14 a few weeks ago, and I find I like it best mixed with something (tried it with hot chocolate the other day and that was pretty good).

Jay

My buddy Dave Soto(Sam's in Chicago) recently went down to Buffalo Trace to pick put his second Elmer T. Lee barrel. #23 happens to be the best ETL I've ever tried, and the price($23.99) is unbeatable.

My everyday rotation is Weller Antique or OGD 114. Special bourbons are Pappy15 and Booker's.

My everyday rotation is Weller Antique or OGD 114.

Try putting them in the same glass at the same time - they complement each other nicely. Try 1:1 ratio first and work from there...

Cheers,

-monte-

Try putting them in the same glass at the same time - they complement each other nicely. Try 1:1 ratio first and work from there...

Cheers,

-monte-

I might try that. I did a 2:1 mix of Weller Antique and WT Rye, and WOW! That was dangerously smooth and good.

Our everyday bourbons for easy-drinking and mixing are AAA 10yo and Weller 12yo. Both are outstanding and reasonably priced. :yum:

What do you mean your 101 Barrel Ken?

As for an everyday, there is no such thing for me, but if there was it'd be WT101, ETL, or EW...

Hi Christian, I have two barrels aging right now. One is WT101 the other is Maker's. Sampled them both last week... Delicious.

The WT is picking up more oak flavor sending it more to the RR101 area. I was (and still am) hoping it may find somewhere near the Tribute zone eventually. It probably won't but I can always hope. Anyway, it's great.

The Maker's barrel is showing less oak. It's flavor is deeper, smoother. It isn't loosing the sweetness of the wheat but it seems to be gaining further complexity.

Sorry for the confusion. I'd posted about these earlier but I've been negligent on posting any updates.

Ken

Well recently my everyday pour was the AAA 10 year old... not out of choice as much as I wanted to make the bottle go away. As far as choice goes, I really like the Very Old Barton 6Year Old. Its cheap and good. Very easy to drink. Unfortunately, they don't sell it here in Kansas. But fortunately they do sell it in KY where I will be going again soon!

• 1 month later...

Used to be Knob Creek, now it's Eagle Rare 10 (thanks to this group). They're about the same price, but to me, a significant quality difference.

Kevin

My new favorite everyday (well, not everyday guys) pour has become Old Charter 12yo. Found a stash of old 1.75 bottles of Louisville stuff which is quite tasty and delightful. Will be my go-to until the inventory runs out.

George Dickel #8 and Elijah Craig 12 year old.

A real cheapy that surprised me is Kentucky Tavern considering the price point.

About once a week I dip into my Wild Turkey 101 Rye which I find outstanding.

Also another inexpensive but good one is Evan Williams (10 year old) 1783.

My regular everyday pour? 1999 Cabernet Sauvignon from Fenestra, a Livermore California winery.

Bourbon? Don't have one. I vary between Maker's Mark, Elijah Craig, Elmer T. Lee, Knob Creek, and Eagle Rare 10YO. Those are five of the six bourbon's I own... The only one I keep out of the rotation is the Pappy Van Winkel 20 YO because I can't afford to keep it in the rotation...

Joel

Now I got 3 alternet "daily's" WT101, OGD114, and Weller Ant 107. Did I metion 101 :pope:

I am a regular alternator of WTRR-101, Weller Antique 107, BT and for the current month - Ridgemont 1792.....and for as long as my supply of $39 Blanton's will hold - might as well go ahead and add that one in as well.

Bulleit and Eagle Rare 10 SB, I do have to confess the Bulleit's only a regular because I bought it and I'm not a huge fan but I feel obligated to drink it becasse I did pay for it.

On the other hand ERSB 10 is a great pour and for around 22 a bottle its even better. My other regulars are the younger members of the Van Winkle family, Stagg and Black Maple Hill. I love them all.

In another thread I said that I have 114 open bottles (various spirits, mostly bourbon) so you can see that I like variety. I must admit that many of those bottles are rarely visited, either because they are difficult to replace or because there are other things I like better. Still, it is hard for me to choose a short list of regular pours. However...

When I go out and either don't know if there will be good bourbon available or know that there won't be unless I bring it myself, I take a flask. I have a number of 200 ml bottles that once held I. W. Harper Gold Metal 80 proof bourbon. Rather than try to clean out these 'flasks' so as to be able to fill them with the bourbon I want to take with me, I have a handwritten label on several of them and just keep them full. I figure that makes them my everyday pours.

I. W. Harper makes the list, in part for the contribution of the glassware. Plus, it is a very drinkable bourbon.

Eagle Rare 101 proof ten year old. I will be sad when I run out of this. I still have six bottles bunkered, must get some more before it disappears entirely.

Booker's. Wonderful bourbon. A bit expensive, so I don't drink it as often as I would like. When I have it, it goes fast. Also, when I have it, it is my go to flask.

Wild Turkey 101 eight year old. Great bourbon. Widely available here, many convenience stores carry it. As a result, I don't often grab it on the way out the door. I do often buy it on the way to a party.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed has its designated flask, too. I take that out more often than the 101 eight year old.

That just leaves my top two everyday pours.

Evan William's twelve year old 100 proof. I really like the EW seven year old, but this is better. IMHO, even the EWSBs aren't as good.

However, Elmer T Lee Single Barrel is even better. I don't often see this on the shelf and then only at one place. When I see it, I clear the shelf. Everytime.

There are others that would make this list save for availability or expense. AAA ten year old comes to mind.

Ed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.